What is your favorite local venue?

The best one right now is VPK (also known as Mediapark or Cvetličarna). Gala Hala on Metelkova is nice too. K4 is all right - it is used for techno and drum'n'base events mostly nowdays, but rarely when they organize metal concerts there it turns out really cool. And there also is Orto Bar, which used to be one of the best venues. The best concerts I've seen I saw in Orto. But now it kinda sucks.

Orto:
478753771_1110bd6a1f_b.jpg

Gala Hala:
metelkova.jpg

I haven't been to any of the Phoenix venues yet since I've been out here. My gf says The Dodge is pretty nice. Marilyn Manson is playing there next month.. i don't care to see him, but SHE does...

The Dodge Theatre isn't bad, but for the price tickets will run, it isn't that great. Only larger bands play it, and I don't think I've seen tickets for the place go for less than 30-40 dollars. For Heaven and Hell, it was excellent, for Dream Theater, it was a lot of standing for a band that should definitely have seating.

The Clubhouse is the best small venue. The often as not have semi-decent sound, the price on drinks is good, and the bar area is directly behind the under twenty-one area, so everyone can actually watch the show. (I have seen such bands as Suffocation, Kreator, Enslaved, and Symphony X at this venue)

Marquee Theater is probably the next best spot, much larger than the Clubhouse but smaller than the Dodge Theater. A little pricier, but full bar and no sectioning. Seen a lot of bands at this one, from Blind Guardian to Celtic Frost, Nile, etc.

Abravanel Hall:

a_abrav_hall_interieur_OPT.gif

A club called "In The Venue"

l_8db7b51a75c8f6eb2b2464a3fa94fa8b.jpg

And this place called Burt's Tiki Lounge, which is a really small and shitty bar that a ton of great Black, Trad, and Doom acts roll through if they bother with Utah:

l_1704073328dfe90bfa89cc08ee4361a9.jpg

The Louisville Palace Theatre:

Theatre_Inside_650x500.jpg

I saw Queensryche play this place a couple years ago...dear Odin, it was beautiful. Also, the place is just really killer to look at in general:

Faces_Lobby_500x650.jpg

Palace_6_500x650.jpg

Best venue in town for smaller-mid size shows is Headliners, even if all the metal shows are starting to hit Uncle Pleasant's instead. There don't appear to be any really decent pics of the inside of Headliners, so here's one I got of Napalm Death playing there in '06:

napalmdeath001.jpg

B.B. King's. Nothing better than an Overkill show at B.B. King's. I was also blown away when Blind Guardian played there.

Nokia Theater also seems to be a lot like that Granada Theater.

B.B. King's. Nothing better than an Overkill show at B.B. King's. I was also blown away when Blind Guardian played there.

Nokia Theater also seems to be a lot like that Granada Theater.

We have a Nokia Theater here too. Not exactly the same sort of place as the Granada though - it's a little TOO big and the building...is just a building, but it's still pretty nice. Derick and I saw Queensryche at our Nokia Theater once and they were making everyone who had seats remain seated. There was standing room up front, but of course people have to stand up in their seats and block the view of the rest of us who just want to sit and sard. I thought it was cool that they have people to keep an eye on that :cool:

ct_thrash said:
We have a Nokia Theater here too. Not exactly the same sort of place as the Granada though - it's a little TOO big and the building...is just a building, but it's still pretty nice. Derick and I saw Queensryche at our Nokia Theater once and they were making everyone who had seats remain seated. There was standing room up front, but of course people have to stand up in their seats and block the view of the rest of us who just want to sit and sard. I thought it was cool that they have people to keep an eye on that

Well, the one here is underground...
And the seating in this one is tiered very well, so people standing in between the levels aren't really a problem. I've only seen Anthrax there at this point, but the people in seats sat for the most part as far as I remember.

studio 7 and the showbox

Don't forget El Corazon. They throw some good shows once in a while too (Saw Opeth there twice, once with Yakuza and another time with Porcupine Tree).

Paramount Theater has great performers, but being seated sucks, I've still gone to see Queensryche (twice), Dream Theater, Megadeth, and Fates Warning though.