What wont you Listen to anymore?

I must say that I am quite surprised to hear you say "Symphony X", Progg. I certainly respect your choice but I am just curious as to why. Any particular reasons ?

Even though they are my all time favorite band, I must admit that I have lost alot of respect for them in recent years....not because of the music or their talent......but because I find that they are less and less connected with their fans. They are taking way too long to put out material, they still haven't put out a live DVD that they promised over 5 years ago, and they hardly ever, if ever, update their site.
They were supposed to put out their new cd almost a year ago...now it seems like it will be out in March...maybe ????

In that sense, I can understand your choice.

I must say that I am quite surprised to hear you say "Symphony X", Progg. I certainly respect your choice but I am just curious as to why. Any particular reasons ?

Even though they are my all time favorite band, I must admit that I have lost alot of respect for them in recent years....not because of the music or their talent......but because I find that they are less and less connected with their fans. They are taking way too long to put out material, they still haven't put out a live DVD that they promised over 5 years ago, and they hardly ever, if ever, update their site.
They were supposed to put out their new cd almost a year ago...now it seems like it will be out in March...maybe ????

In that sense, I can understand your choice.

raptured,

What's that moist pile under my shoe? Have I stepped in it again?

I really don't care if a band is accessible to their fan base. After the sale, they owe me nothing I owe them nothing. If it's a composition I admire or see the potential for admiration, I wait for further works.

Before the last few years, I'd been listening mostly to the radio. I'd lost my vinyl and only had a few cassettes.

Why don't I dig Symphony X anymore (and others)?
I came late to the game to progressive metal, so when I first heard them the sheer energy wowed me. Since then I've built up my collection with music that suits me more.

I won't criticize Symphony X directly; I congratulate their
accomplishments.

The metal that suits me more for example --

Redemption -- The Fullness of Time

Blotted Science -- The Machinations of Dementia

Dream Theater -- Train of Thought

Spiral Architect -- A Sceptic's Universe

Really, I'm more of a prog rock/fusion fan. For me, YMMV, there's more texture available to feast on.

I'd rather live next door to a Symphony X fan than a hip hop fan :D

Ok Progg....I guess that I am glad that you found what you are looking for in music.
I like to find new bands, as well, although I still listen to most of what I purchased in the past.