Who should front NW now?

Totally agree, Last night in Tempe was magic, I had a special seat at the sound board, and when they did "EVERDREAM" i almost peed on myself. Floor was in rare form, and by that I mean 150% above and beyond., The band was spot on and having so much fun. Had a great lunch with Marco, really good seeing him again and just sitting a talking a bout family and how good life is now.
Great to hear it from you, John. If only, I pray. Been wishing for this for five years. Maybe now?

Floor wrote on her blog today:

For now, we have the two last shows coming up. I will miss this!!! But I also look forward to come home! I will go back to ReVamp songwriting because we have a planning to hold on to, album will come in March/April next year!!!!!! On the 4th of November the Nightwish shows continue in the UK. I am super exited to join them on the rest of the World Tour and the summer festivals in 2013!!!

~Jen

I am really interested to see how the NIGHTWISH UK tour is going to work out. The support band is PAIN and Anette's partner and father of her youngest son, Johan Husgafvel is Pain's bass player. I wonder if she will be there to sing the songs she recorded on PAIN's last album. This should be interesting.

I am really interested to see how the NIGHTWISH UK tour is going to work out. The support band is PAIN and Anette's partner and father of her youngest son, Johan Husgafvel is Pain's bass player. I wonder if she will be there to sing the songs she recorded on PAIN's last album. This should be interesting.

:popcorn:

If she is brought in to sing with Pain, i wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Pain kicked off the tour. If one thing has become clear over the last few weeks, it's that Nightwish's collective tolerance for bullshit that risks distracting from their show is at zero. Honestly though, I would be pretty surprised if Peter Tagtgren pulled something like that, he's been around this business long enough to know that allowing his band to be dragged into someone else's drama wouldn't have any positive consequences.

You gotta wonder if this tour was set up before the roster changes.

Saw Nightwish last week in Orlando w/ Floor on vocals. Floor was amazing and I vote for her to stay. She appeared to have a great fit w/ the band. Only complaint was that the show wasn't longer and more could have been played.

I don't mean to sound rude, but maybe they should look for a female metal singer. They can distance themselves from pretty much everyone but Doro. There aren't many well known female metal singers. However, I bet there are female metal singers waiting to be discovered.

Bryant

I don't mean to sound rude, but maybe they should look for a female metal singer. They can distance themselves from pretty much everyone but Doro. There aren't many well known female metal singers. However, I bet there are female metal singers waiting to be discovered.

Bryant

There are. There are many female singers fronting bands trying to make it in a murderous industry. The truth is Floor is a great artist, no arguments there. She is curing what ails Nightwish FOR NOW. The problem is does Nightwish want a Lucassen with a vagina long term? Floor has an incredible career on her own that she really does not need the aggravation of being relegated to "hired gun" status on Nightwish. More importantly, does Tuomas really want another creative force working on "his baby", which Nightwish really is? You know that Floor will attempt to interject a lot of creative ideas into any project that Nightwish does. I do NOT see her being told to "just sing, Bitch" in a recording studio and she accepts it. In short, a permanent Nightwish/Floor marriage will be a marriage made in Hell, and won't last a CD. Now, I am NOT knocking Floor as an artist in saying this. I am just saying that two strong creative forces coming from different directions will not be conducive to anyone on Nightwish.

Saying that, I DO suspect that Tuomas wants to grasp his inner Svengali, his inner Henry Higgins, and develop a young singer in the mold that he wants to front Nightwish. No young Finnish female singer is going to want to be in the hurricane that is Nighwish for two years worth of development. There are plenty of young, vibrant and malleable singers that would kill for a chance, even if it means being re-trained. Hell, there are a couple of singers on this very board that, if given the chance, would probably have zero problems going to Finland to be developed into being the perfect fit for Nightwish. Now, is it the most optimal? no. However, would you rather have someone that you developed with you for 5-7 CDs? Or, would you rather be an act with no singing cohesion on consecutive records? I would suspect, being that Nightwish is a Multi-million dollar brand for the time being, it is the former.

The The problem is does Nightwish want a Lucassen with a vagina long term? Floor has an incredible career on her own that she really does not need the aggravation of being relegated to "hired gun" status on Nightwish. More importantly, does Tuomas really want another creative force working on "his baby", which Nightwish really is? You know that Floor will attempt to interject a lot of creative ideas into any project that Nightwish does. I do NOT see her being told to "just sing, Bitch" in a recording studio and she accepts it. In short, a permanent Nightwish/Floor marriage will be a marriage made in Hell, and won't last a CD. .

That is a quite bold, presumptuous, and neanderthalish proclamation. You're better than that.

Bryant

There's nothing rude about that. Lots of female metal singers are multi-talented. They can sing in several styles. What Nightwish needs (and has with Floor) is someone who can perform metal in a metal way while still singing in the style that Tuomas wants. They need someone like her, and I think they can find her.

There are. There are many female singers fronting bands trying to make it in a murderous industry. The truth is Floor is a great artist, no arguments there. She is curing what ails Nightwish FOR NOW. The problem is does Nightwish want a Lucassen with a vagina long term? Floor has an incredible career on her own that she really does not need the aggravation of being relegated to "hired gun" status on Nightwish. More importantly, does Tuomas really want another creative force working on "his baby", which Nightwish really is? You know that Floor will attempt to interject a lot of creative ideas into any project that Nightwish does. I do NOT see her being told to "just sing, Bitch" in a recording studio and she accepts it. In short, a permanent Nightwish/Floor marriage will be a marriage made in Hell, and won't last a CD. Now, I am NOT knocking Floor as an artist in saying this. I am just saying that two strong creative forces coming from different directions will not be conducive to anyone on Nightwish.

Saying that, I DO suspect that Tuomas wants to grasp his inner Svengali, his inner Henry Higgins, and develop a young singer in the mold that he wants to front Nightwish. No young Finnish female singer is going to want to be in the hurricane that is Nighwish for two years worth of development. There are plenty of young, vibrant and malleable singers that would kill for a chance, even if it means being re-trained. Hell, there are a couple of singers on this very board that, if given the chance, would probably have zero problems going to Finland to be developed into being the perfect fit for Nightwish. Now, is it the most optimal? no. However, would you rather have someone that you developed with you for 5-7 CDs? Or, would you rather be an act with no singing cohesion on consecutive records? I would suspect, being that Nightwish is a Multi-million dollar brand for the time being, it is the former.

I don't agree with this at all. If this is how Tuomas' mind worked, why would he have brought Marco in? I am guessing at this point in Nightwish's development that Tuomas will want someone that can come in and kill it from day one and not someone that will take 2 albums to develop into what he wants. Nightwish is approaching their peak, IMO. 2 albums from now is a long time, as slowly as they release albums. Especially if they bring in an unproven singer for the next album instead of an ace, they have the potential to stumble and lose momentum. Think of Tommy and Kamelot. Kamelot and Nightwish are run as businesses (this isn't an insult, just how it is). Kamelot made the decision to bring in a pro as a replacement. I don't think Nightwish will be any different.

Floor can work on Revamp like Marco has Tarot, and can contribute to the creative process in Nightwish. Tuomas manages the direction of the creativity, but seems open to contributions from others at the song level. I don't see why Floor would have a problem with this. She seems to be pretty level headed, and she seems to be truly enjoying her Nightwish experience.

I am guessing at this point in Nightwish's development that Tuomas will want someone that can come in and kill it from day one and not someone that will take 2 albums to develop into what he wants. Nightwish is approaching their peak, IMO. 2 albums from now is a long time, as slowly as they release albums. Especially if they bring in an unproven singer for the next album instead of an ace, they have the potential to stumble and lose momentum.

Sounds right to me. I think some people are really underestimating what it takes to front NW and do it well. The fact that Floor made it look easy speaks to her incomparable talent and not to the ubiquity of singers able to step up here. Floor has also really raised the bar for any next front woman if it's not her.

There's nothing rude about that. Lots of female metal singers are multi-talented. They can sing in several styles. What Nightwish needs (and has with Floor) is someone who can perform metal in a metal way while still singing in the style that Tuomas wants. They need someone like her, and I think they can find her.

I certainly don't doubt that. There are certainly talanted people all over the place. Of course NW will want a vocalist that is going to do justice to the older material. I think that is a must. The point I was trying to make is that the market seems to be getting flooded with the clean female vocals, as well as the operetic style, but not so much the "traditional" metal vocals that have some rasp to them. As I said, Doro is the best example of that. I just would like to hear more of that as it is not very common right now.

Bryant