Y&T: 40 Years Promo

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER

Halcyon Way Sufferer
Jan 7, 2002

Still one of the Greats :worship:

First saw them in 1985, 4 shows at The Fillmore San Francisco and this year in Toronto. Must have about 8 t-shirts :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Highly recommend the Mystic weekend in Petaluma, Ca. in November. Nice venue, cool town & 2 nights with one of the best live bands ever!

Although missing a bit of the fire of the original lineup, Dave Meniketti is still worth the price of admission as one of the great voice+guitarist twin threats in hard rock. Indeed, the Mystic weekend is one of the best kept secrets and have participated twice myself. My wife and I take the opportunity to visit wineries during the day then rock out with Y&T in the evening. Good times...

It's the Meniketti show now and forever. So glad I caught the original lineup and it does feel different with Phil gone. Still, it was amazing seeing the band in Toronto last April.

Y&T’S DAVE MENIKETTI REVEALS BAND IS WORKING ON CAREER RETROSPECTIVE TO CELEBRATE 40TH ANNIVERSARY

"Dave Meniketti of Y&T spoke to Rock Radio NI recently to discuss the band’s 40th anniversary and the upcoming European tour.

Without wanting to go into too much detail he said that the band hoped to have a retrospective released by the end of 2014 as part of the band’s celebration of its 40th anniversary. This would be followed hopefully by a new studio album during 2015.

“We’re also working on another thing that hopefully might get released before the end of the year. I can’t really say much more about it, but it’s kind of going to be a celebration of our 40th year in business as well. A retrospective sort of thing. We’re working on that currently.”

Meniketti also told Rock Radio NI that the band would be trying to include one song from every album during the 40th Anniversary tour and that they were looking at the possibilities of including “This Time” in the setlist for the European tour that commences in October. Despite being a fan favorite, “This Time” has only been played live a handful of times."

Posted to masquerade's page. Hope it helps. Would be nice to see the guys in fairly short driving distance from home!

It shouldn't be an issue for the band since they drive out to Miami ever year for the Monsters of Rock cruise (in April this year). They always make a stop in Houston the weekend before the cruise. So Atlanta is not that far of a diversion.

Not gonna lie, i've always had a hard time getting into this band WAY more than I did the other 70's/80's prog bands i've tried.

Does this band have one mandatory album that I must've somehow ignored? Serious question.

Not gonna lie, i've always had a hard time getting into this band WAY more than I did the other 70's/80's prog bands i've tried.

Does this band have one mandatory album that I must've somehow ignored? Serious question.

Well, Y&T ain't Prog but start with Earthshaker, Black Tiger & Mean Streak. Things got lighter from In Rock With Trust through to Ten. You probably wouldn't like the 2 Yesterday and Today albums from the 70s. The 90s had a couple of decent studio albums.