Yes!! Sonata Arctica adds So. Florida date!

Yep, I said this in the Kamelot/Nevermore Florida thread. But this is not the first since Blind Guardian several years ago, Rhapsody played this past June at The Culture Room too!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The best night ever !!

There is an Atlanta date scheduled for Feb. 6th at the Masquerade, but I doubt it will happen....at least, not at that venue. I was there last night and once again the 'we are closing soon' rumours are a-swirl; latest estimate is two months.

The Atlanta date is on the 18th of February. This sucks since I will be in Europe, since I have a ticket to see Stream of Passion the night before at Rijssen, Netherlands. So I will be missing Sonata Arctica again for the second time.

i saw the dates of Sonata in Ft.Lauderdale too...but damn, i wish it was either tampa or Orlando....I live in Gainesville...so, that will be like 3 hours drive to lauderdale

Go to St. Petersberg instead.

I missed Rhapsody?! Aw man! I wish the Sun-Sentinel would flash it on their front pages when a good metal band comes down here. They do it for Bruce Springsteen and Britney Spears, why not do it for Sonata Arctica?:)

Wow! A lot of people showing their love for SA!

Out of curiousity, how big do you think this tour is going to be and what about attendance? I'm wondering because have my own thoughts about attendance at the Jan. 17 shop @ Jaxx. They played there last April to a just about sold out crowd and that was a Wednesday night. I know that a guy bought tickets from us (we opened) from California! So people were traveling for that show.

This coming show is on a Tuesday night and tickets are like $30. Plus this time SA is doing more than just only 2-3 shows in the US. With only 9 months between shows, do you think they will still have the draw with a more diluted audience? I hope they do. It does look like our music is becoming a bit more widely accepted! :)

Feel priveleged that even come semi close to you guys, I have a nine hour drive if I want to see them. I am also a broke ass. Conclusion: No Sonata Arctica.

Looks like the Official Word on the Masquerade closing is....that there is no official word. :erk:

Two nights ago at the Cruxshadows' show, they were told 'about two months.'

Last night at WREKage my roommate Tim (the guy who worked out Earthlink Live for ProgPower USA II and subsequent) told me he'd heard June of 2006. He knows the club's owners pretty well, so here's hoping that report is correct.

So, if the latter is true, Sonata Arctica can happen as scheduled. :headbang:

As a side-note, the club is falling apart a bit...well, a bit more than normal for the Masquerade. :tickled: The upper-level of the headliners' dressing room has been 'seriously' sealed off now (it's not good when your headliners start falling through the floor), so there isn't much room left.

adaher said:
I missed Rhapsody?! Aw man!
You didn't know dude?! Manowar AND Rhapsody, yes. But.. in this case, RHAPSODY!! hehe.. :hotjump: they played here on June 4th 2005, and then in Orlando the next day at House of Blues. I can't believe you didn't know!!! The place was packed!! And of course hehe.. I was there.. going sooooo crazy.. :tickled: Super crazy!! :headbang:

Anyway, I'll be at Sonata Arctica for sure!! And Kamelot this Friday and Opeth/Nevermore Saturday night. And tomorrow is Rata Blanca in Miami Arena but.. I don't know if I will go, kind of broke.. :yuk:

I would guess that for the most part, they'll be playing to about half sold-out venues. Of course, the BBKings in NYC and Jaxx will probably come damned close to selling out, as well as a couple other venues.

Empress said:
You didn't know dude?! Manowar AND Rhapsody, yes. But.. in this case, RHAPSODY!! hehe.. :hotjump: they played here on June 4th 2005, and then in Orlando the next day at House of Blues. I can't believe you didn't know!!! The place was packed!! And of course hehe.. I was there.. going sooooo crazy.. :tickled: Super crazy!! :headbang:

Count me in as another that missed that Rhapsody. And you know what was even worse? I drove by the Culture Room that night and noticed that there had to be a metal concert because of all the black t-shirts. I pulled into the parking lot and asked a guy who was playing and they only said Manowar. The guy didn't remember who was opening. Being that I never really have checked out Manowar, I figured that I'd pass that up and left. Oh well, I'm sure that Empress will let us know next time they're playing.

But yeah Burke and I (maybe some others) are going to the Sonata Artica show. We'll see ya there.

I'm still on the fence about the Kamelot show. I want to go, but none of my good/best friends wants to go. I have gone to concerts alone a few times before and even to west coast of Florida alone before, but it's always more fun with someone/some people along. Anyone want to car pool? :p If not, I might just say "fuck it" and go anyways. I at least know that there will people from this forum there anyways.

I didn't even bother staying to see Manowar after Rhapsody played in NYC. Also, due to their damn stupid management... ugh...

I'm pretty stoked! Sonata is playing at a killer venue right by my house, The Galaxy, in Santa Ana on Feb 11th. :headbang: AND, my band Prymary is opening up for them. The only thing that sux is that Into Eternity was supposed to be on the tour with them, but now isn't.

Hope to see some of you West Coast Metalheads there! Go to the Prymary website for discounted tickets to this show. (and no Ticketbastard fees)

Cheers.

Mike

I am so excited :hotjump: that SA added that Atlanta date.
I was already preparing to travel to VA or Ohio to catch them! I hope they get a good showing where ever they play. I think how well the tour goes will greatly effect the likely hood of other similar bands coming over to tour.

I have seen many comments in the past on this board about SA being a "happy" band. I just don't get that. SA has the most depressing lyrics of any band I've bothered paying attention to.
I would love to get a chance to meet Tony and ask him exactly how many girls have f*&ked him over or if all those songs are about the same one :).

Robin

digitalink said:
I'm pretty stoked! Sonata is playing at a killer venue right by my house, The Galaxy, in Santa Ana on Feb 11th. :headbang: AND, my band Prymary is opening up for them. The only thing that sux is that Into Eternity was supposed to be on the tour with them, but now isn't.

Hope to see some of you West Coast Metalheads there! Go to the Prymary website for discounted tickets to this show. (and no Ticketbastard fees)

Cheers.

Mike

Hey you can count on me to be there definetly. I checked out your music. Sounds really good. look forward to meeting/seeing you guys . It sucks that Into Eternity dropped off. I hope to catch them in the future either on tour with either a awesome power metal band or a killer brutal death metal band ! It also sucked that Rhapsody never came to the west coast. West Coast from my experience has a bigger metal scene then the east (no disrespect). I'm also saying this based on shows i personally attented in the FL, NY, and NJ areas. I see way better turn outs for Santa Ana and Los Angeles for metal shows so Sonata Arctica will no doubt be very packed!