Your Favorite Local Bands

As far as famous bands from the area:

Atrophy

I actually had a college class with one guitarist (Rick Skowron) back in say 1986. What's trippier than that is I started a new job last October, and he was starting at the same place the same day.

We also had Dover Trench, which is like speed metal/thrash that reminds me of Holy Terror a little bit.

More recently a friend of a friend was in a band called Stillbled. Brutal death metal with this amazing hippie drummer. They are no more.

To be liberal in my pickings (including bands no longer around):

Whiplash
Blood Feast
Hades
Overkill
Attacker
Heathens Rage
Arctic Flame
Funebrarum
Evoken

Probably a few others.

I perfectly know what this thread is about. I was just wondering.
And yes, you may.

I perfectly know what this thread is about. I was just wondering.
And yes, you may.

Didn't mean to sound pissed off or anything, sorry.
We also have Nocturnal Rites, Persuader, Woods of Infinity, Mortuus, Amsvartner, Embracing, Bleeding, Auberon, Zonaria, GOTHAM CITY, Angst, Ancient Wisdom, Dead Silent Slumber (Kind of at least, Jensa lived here when he made that stuff), Cult of Luna, Havayoth, Guillotine, Shade of Black, Throne of Ahaz, Ghamorean, Taedeat and a bunch more, some good, some bad and most forgettable. In my fav-list a few of the above mentioned would be included but no matter how hard I try I'm sure I'd forget a bunch so I won't bother.

How is Embracing?

And as far as the Maryland Doom scene is concerned, it seems that many of those bands are becoming active again after having been inspired by the Doom Or Be Doomed Festival organized by the guys in Revelation. So not only is Revelation active again (along with Against Nature), but Unorthodox and Wretched are back as well, possibly others that have slipped my mind. It's a very nice time to be alive for Trad Doomers, as there's been quite the revival lately.

How is Embracing?

Not very impressive in my opinion, has the drummer from Naglfar's Vittra on synth and/or drums and vocals (who is also the older brother of a dude who drummed for a very short while in a band I'm in, and he also taught at my school at that time), used to be boring melodic-ish death metal and evolved into progressive stuff and then back do more death metal-ish stuff, don't know where they are right now though.

I come from the country, hence I have a few pub bands I like better then the other pub bands.

However, some actual musical talent locally,

The Midnight Parasites (two piece, self-taught grunge rock, in sig)

And Bliss and Ignorance, who should be recording some proper material soon with a producer (they have garage demos up at the moment on their myspace) www.myspace.com/blissandignorance

It is the sort of experimental rock people that are right into Tool or The Mars Volta will like.