Your Favorite Local Bands

I'm from Brazil, i love Angra Akashic, Sepultura and Imago Mortis, lthough we do have quite many kick-ass bands!

they are not all well known (all from Québec) but I like them in one way or another (live or cd):

Cryptopsy (death/grind)
Neuraxis (tech death)
Augury (teach death/prog?)
Gorguts (old school death/tech death)
Unexpect (avant-garde)
Voivod (prog thrash/rock/weird)
Nefastus Dies (black metal)
Gotherfall (black metal)
Frozen Shadows (true black metal)
Trails of Anguish (black metal)
Paroxysm (death metal)
Aggression (thrash/crossover)
Anonymus (thrash)
Godspeed you! Black Emperor (ambient/post hardcore?)
GFK (metalcore/punk)
Xplicit Noize (metalcore)
Quo Vadis (tech death)
Descend into Nothingness (tech death)
Cortisol (funeral doom)
Longing for dawn (death doomt)
Towards Darkness (sludge/doom)
Fistfuck (grind)
Dahmer (grind)
Mesrine (grind)
Beneath the Massacre (tech death/hardcore)
Despised Icon (deathcore)
Ion Dissonance (mathcore)
Orphans in Coma (deathcore)
Kataklysm (death metal)
Martyr (tech death)

Québec has a lot more decent local bands.

and if we push it a little bit (Ontario):
Fuck the Facts (death/grind/experimental)
Deamon (death)
and tons of thrash metal bands.

A lot of those are brilliant bands and quite well known, I love Unexpect and Godspeed You!

If I extend local bands to include Adelaide, a few of my favourite bands are from there,

Virgin Black and Mournful Congregation

There are no bands from my area worth mentioning as far as I know. There is this nsbm band over here called Pantheon. It seems kind of strange to me that there would be an nsbm band in Tucson, Arizona. I guess it's a one man band and this guy I know says that the Pantheon guy is actually Mexican. I don't know if that's really true but if it is it's pretty lol.

Feast Eternal is my favorite local band. They are Death Metal, when I got into them I did not even know they were local. My wife bought their indie release for me, I had never heard of them but they were awesome. A few months later I realized they were from my area. They are on Open Grave Records now, I can't wait for their new cd to come out.
I'll include a link so you can check them out.http://www.myspace.com/feasteternal
Let me know what you think

I'm from Michigan, one of the guys from Tool is actually from a town like 8 miles away from me. I dont really listen to them though. I like The Black Dahlia Murder, theyre from the Detroit area. Cant think of any other famous bands from here, theres a local band called Through the Mist thats pretty good, they kinda resemble something similiar to early Opeth but with shorter songs. And I like the band I'm in lol.

OP should be executed for being from Oregon and not mentioning Weakling :mad:

Just sticking to my area...

Black Funeral
Absu
Averse Sephira
Golgotha
Bahimiron
Ancient Malus
Nodens
Vesperian Sorrow
Carcimona
Forever Mourne