Zephaniah/Sacred Dawn/Savatage Tribute New Years Eve Show in Barrington,IL

modernwizardry

I want stout!
Aug 18, 2009
Chicago, IL
satanshallow.bandcamp.com
Anybody going to this? Sounds like it will be a cool show. I've seen Sacred Dawn and they were pretty good and I have the Zephaniah album "Stories from the Book of Metal" and it totally shreds. Throw in a Savatage tribute band and I'm in. Never heard of the opener though.

Here's the details:

Thu Dec 31 07:00 PM
• Sacred Dawn, Zephaniah, the Savatage Experience, Devil in the White City
Details: Main Stage Rocking New Years Eve Party

Devil in the White City 8:00-9:00
Zephaniah 9:30-10:30
Sacred Dawn 11:00-12:00
The Savatage Experience 12:30-2:00

PENNY ROAD PUB
545 Penny Road
Barrington, IL 60010 ,

I'll be there.

The Savatage Experience has a few members of Sacred Dawn in it, so I guess I can say I know people in all three bands. All of them deserve to have people come out to the show, too. And Zephaniah is absolutely fantastic live, so if you're thinking of coming late because you don't know who they are, you really will be missing out. The last time I saw them play in Chicago, people in the audience had the following expression after their set: :OMG:

Some GA folks might already be familiar with them, since I believe they played a festival in Atlanta a couple months ago. The difference is, this time Met-Al will be singing for them. :)

I'll be there! Of course, I am kind of obligated...

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

You posted while I was still typing. :p

girl, you gotta be quicker'n that. :lol: ;)

but yeah, Zephaniah were great on stage and were fantastic to work with as well. They loved getting out in the crowd before and after the show and mixing it up with the fans. And they also really dug the lineup we had that weekend. I would certainly work with them again and plan to invite them back to Atlanta in 2010. :kickass:

I've always wanted to see Sacred Dawn as well, as I hear they are true professionals and a great metal act. That Savatage Tribute they are a part of would be wonderful to catch on stage too. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a card-carrying Oliva fanboy. :D

Damn - A Savatage cover band?? AWESOME!! Going to see Mindcrime in San Antonio tonight, but would love to see that Chi-town show. I've seen SD a couple of times and they ROCK!!

Chris :metal:

Of course, I will be there. ;)

The Savatage Experience is all the members of Sacred Dawn, plus "Madman Troy" doing the Jon Oliva vocals. Lothar (vocalist for SD will be doing Zak vocals). Both Troy and Mike (guitarist for Sacred Dawn and The Savatage Experience) are former members of Florida based Savatage Tribute Band, STREETS...the only Savatage tribute endorsed by Jon Oliva himself!

Zephaniah are an awesome band...saw them a few years ago in Illinois and was immediately impressed. Ha! I loved the "Gather 'round, Gather 'round people and I'll tell you a story from the Book of Metal!"
(Awesome album by the way!)

Never heard of Devil in the White City, but I'm always enthusiastic about discovering new bands.

This will be a badass show. So get your happy asses out there tonight!
Tix are only $10 and drinks are reasonable at Penny Road Pub.

activeflier.jpg

Of course, I will be there. ;)

Big surprise. hehe

Never heard of Devil in the White City, but I'm always enthusiastic about discovering new bands.

Devil in the White City is a killer book about the Chicago World's Fair and a serial killer in Chicago at the same time (non-fiction). Well worth the read if you come across it.

I like the name of the band (because I read the book), so I hope they rock.

Devil in the White City is a killer book about the Chicago World's Fair and a serial killer in Chicago at the same time (non-fiction). Well worth the read if you come across it.

Maybe it's not a band, maybe it's just a dude reading the book through the P.A.