Zero Hour

ebass

Bottom Line
Sep 17, 2002
Nor Cal
enchant.nu
Hey I wanted to help out our friends Troy and Jasun fellow progressive NorCal folks and incredible musicians and let people know they are playing locally here in Concord this Saturday see below. They are phenomenal check them out if you can. Both Troy and Jasun have incredible instructional videos as well which are downright sick!

They are also booked to play Prog Power next Month in Hotlanta, and have a an east coast tour confirmed as well. These guys are some the coolest people around and have a new disc and some tour dates well worth checking out. I have not had a chance to see them live so I look forward to it.

Rock on guys you rule.

Zero Hour and Omissa @ Bourbon Street
CONFIRMED
August, 26 2006

2765 Clayton Road, Concord, CA 94520

For more details, visit the venue's website at: http://www.bourbonstreetrocks.com/

Hey, ProgAddict. I'm working on securing a CT date, and I see you're in CT. So maybe that will work for you too? ;) I'll post here when it's confirmed (or not). We may have a Boston date too.

They also have the following dates CONFIRMED aside from the NJ one (just east coast, there are CA and TX dates as well):

Saturday, November 4th ORION STUDIOS in Baltimore, MD
Friday, November 10th THE HOOK in Brooklyn, NY with Odin's Court
Saturday, November 11th JAXX NIGHTCLUB in Springfield, VA with Odin's Court

Cool Matt..

I'm guessing the Webster Theater would be the likely venue. (disclaimer.. this is just a guess)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the time being.. Wouldn't mind checking you guys out either, heard some good buzz ya know.

ED IT'S YOU WHO RULES and really appreciate the support man.

It's great to get awesome support from a great band and not to mention a great bunch of people.

Thank you so much again Ed...YOU RULE!!!

Jasun/ZH

P.S. My bro Sean is the man behind the kit and look forward to seeing you soon kat.

ProgAddict said:
Cool Matt..

I'm guessing the Webster Theater would be the likely venue. (disclaimer.. this is just a guess)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the time being.. Wouldn't mind checking you guys out either, heard some good buzz ya know.

Heeey. You look familiar!

I know I've seen you somewhere else before...

...but where....

HRMMM. :rolleyes:

ebass said:
Hey I wanted to help out our friends Troy and Jasun fellow progressive NorCal folks and incredible musicians and let people know they are playing locally here in Concord this Saturday see below. They are phenomenal check them out if you can. Both Troy and Jasun have incredible instructional videos as well which are downright sick!

They are also booked to play Prog Power next Month in Hotlanta, and have a an east coast tour confirmed as well. These guys are some the coolest people around and have a new disc and some tour dates well worth checking out. I have not had a chance to see them live so I look forward to it.

Rock on guys you rule.

CONFIRMED
August, 26 2006

2765 Clayton Road, Concord, CA 94520

For more details, visit the venue's website at: http://www.bourbonstreetrocks.com/

Crap, Bourbon Street is almost walking distance from Casa Dano...Unfortunately, can't make it.

--dan

Some more details on these dates...

Friday, November 10th in Brooklyn, NY at THE HOOK
Saturday, November 11th in Springfield, VA at JAXX

We can really use the support on both of these dates as we hit the road with Zero Hour to bring Prog Metal to the northeast.

If you are going to THE HOOK show, it is very important that you tell them “I came to see Odin’s Court & Zero Hour!”. This will allow Odin's Court AND Zero Hour to get paid and help cover our high expenses to go on the road.

If you are going to the Jaxx show, you must pre-order tickets from us so that both Odin’s Court AND Zero Hour can get paid. This is our “home” market, so we really hope everyone will be out in large numbers to put a cap on what we hope to be a great first time out on a mini-tour! Tickets are available on our website or MySpace through PayPal or credit card. For check or money order, make out a check to “Matt Brookins” for $12 per ticket and mail it, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:

Odin’s Court
PO Box 1364
Lexington Park, MD. 20653

HELP REQUESTED:
We’re looking for volunteers to help promote our tour via street team type tactics (i.e. hand out flyers at nearby and/or similar shows in areas we’re playing, e-advertise through message boards, email, etc.), and so forth. In exchange for your help, you may get free stuff or the ability to hang with us before/after the show. :D

Also, if anyone is interested in sponsoring a CT or MA date, we would love to talk to you. Beyond Ear Candy has agreed to sponsor the NY date, and DC SOAR is sponsoring the VA date. Sponsorship can take several forms, so please email matt @ odinscourtband.com to find out more. We’ll of course try to work something out some benefit to you for your sponsorship as well.

…COURT IS NOW IN SESSION:
Don’t forget that you can still preorder our new DVD and receive a free copy of the concert on audio CD signed by the entire band! Preorders are still being taken, and the DVD is slated for a 12 September release. However, if you preorder it now (or have already), it will be mailed to you as soon as we get them in! More here: ...Court is Now in Session

Rock on!
- Matt
Odin's Court

Hey it was great to see you and Troy yesterday Jasun, you guys rule! Hope to see you again soon and man tear it up at PP !!!! I am sure you guys will light that place up!!!!

ZHJ&T said:
ED IT'S YOU WHO RULES and really appreciate the support man.

It's great to get awesome support from a great band and not to mention a great bunch of people.

Thank you so much again Ed...YOU RULE!!!

Jasun/ZH

P.S. My bro Sean is the man behind the kit and look forward to seeing you soon kat.

Ed you're one of the coolest kats out there and it was way cool hanging out with you and the rest of the kats.

Look forward to seeing and chatting it up with you soon bro and hope the week is going great for you.

Jasun & Troy

P.S. Sean YOU RULE and CONGRATS my brutha....Troy and I had a blast.

Ed you're one of the coolest kats out there and it was way cool hanging out with you and the rest of the kats.

Look forward to seeing and chatting it up with you soon bro and hope the week is going great for you.

Jasun & Troy

Hey it was great to see you guys as well and be able to hang at Seans wedding. Hey the feelings mutual bro and it was nice to be able to just releax a bit and hang at such a great occasion. It was awesome talking to you and your brother, you guys are awesome and we need to get a date set where we can tear it up locally. Maybe when you guys get back from shredding the east coast up :headbang: Hey you will be heading for Atlanta in a week man to kick some ass.

ZHJ&T said:

Jasun & Troy

I caught Zero Hour in their NJ appearance, great show! Here is a review I posted on Progressiveears.com:

If you like the studio output of Zero Hour, you have to see these guys live. I caught Sunday night's show at the NJ Proghouse, and was very impressed by them. For a Sunday show, I guess it wasn't a bad turnout, though these guys deserve better, as the tiny schoolhouse was not packed.

Immediately we knew this was a METAL show, as the twin Tipton brothers went into head banging overdrive, with hair flying everywhere, and the riffs fast and furious. Before the show I kept noticing some heavy guy in an old Spurs jersey around the stage, then realized its new lead singer Chris Salinas. OK, he does not fit the front man part by looking at him, but, damn, this guy can sing! He took center stage hit those incredible (or annoying to some) high notes, just like on the album. He also handled quite well older material of the two former vocalists. I was a huge fan of Eric Rosvald's singing, but Salinas was able to pull off those parts from "Tower's of Averice" quite well, including all the dramatic parts Rosvald was so good at. The band stuck mostly to the new album, the incredible "Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond", playing nearly all of it. They played possibly the best track from the underlooked "A Fragile Mind" -can't remember the title, plus a couple "Tower's" tracks, and one from the self titled debut. What really surprised me was them playing a brand new song. It will be on the next album they are already working on, despite the fact that "Specs" was just released last month. Its a killer track too, fully taking advantage of Salina's incredible range. The highlights of the set for me were new songs "Falcon's Cry" and "Face the Fear". Jason and Troy Tipton are such precise players, both with unbelievable chops. I was so impressed by Troy's dexterity on bass. How can fingers move so quick and cover so much of the fretboard? And its not just a flurry of meaningless notes. Same for the guitarwork. The drummer kept up the quick tempo all night, and unlike the frantic Suspyre drummer, looked relaxed and calm. I did think the drums were a bit too loud, sometimes drowning out the others a bit, especially during the opening song. Overall these guys were incredibly tight and professional, definitely perfectionists. My only complaint of the night was the woman who chose to make an ass of herself dancing around about an inch from Salinas. I found it humorous at first, but then she grabbed at Troy's hair, and even grabbed the microphone out of Salinas' hands to yell something stupid, twice! Otherwise it was an enthusiastic, appreciative and well behaved audience. Just not enough of them. This was the first concerts they have headlined on the east coast. Hopefully they will be back soon. Another outstanding night at the Proghouse.