3 best metal albums you`ve heard so far in 2009!

new Wolves In the Throne Room, Black Cascade, is pretty good.

No, it's not. Considering that everything that made Two Hunters so epic, majestic, and rather pleasing compared to other black metal albums is absent in favor of the shitty songwriting, I am not sure why you say you like this record.

No, it's not. Considering that everything that made Two Hunters so epic, majestic, and rather pleasing compared to other black metal albums is absent in favor of the shitty songwriting, I am not sure why you say you like this record.

I'm not into a lot of black metal, so although Black Cascade wasn't as good as Two Hunters, I still think it's decent. They were mainly lacking the female vocals this time around.
On another note, my favourite so far this year are Isis - Wavering Radiant, Mono - Hymn to the Immortal Wind, Kylesa - Static Tensions.

New Pulling Teeth is awesome so far, as well.

1. Sólstafir - Köld

a masterpiece and a sure contender for my top 5 of the year

2. Cantata Sangui - On Rituals And Correspondence In Constructed Realities

a phantastic mix of doom, gothic, black, and progressive elements. no guitars, but a variety of 4-, 5-, and 12-stringed basses are played here

3. can't decide between following ones:
My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire
Mournful Congregation - The June Frost
WITTR - Black Cascade
ISIS - Wavering Radiant

there are still some great albums to come this year. new releases from Katatonia, Madder Mortem, Orphaned Land, Nevermore, Candlemass, Anathema and Void Of Silence will make this a kickass-year!

Ok this isn't hard, but new Obscura and Fen album are also pretty good.

Lamb of God - Wrath

Kreator - Hordes of Chaos

Techny-Call X - Evolution

I just discovered woves in the throne room with the cd "two hunters". I then saw that they had a new album just released. While its not bad its a huge step backwards. I mean "two hunters" is great on a whole different level really. The new one is just ok-ish black metal. Maybe its a grower but from where I sit now (two listens) it must be considered a huge let down.

I just discovered woves in the throne room with the cd "two hunters". I then saw that they had a new album just released. While its not bad its a huge step backwards. I mean "two hunters" is great on a whole different level really. The new one is just ok-ish black metal. Maybe its a grower but from where I sit now (two listens) it must be considered a huge let down.

It's not that it a huge let-down really. Diadem of 12 Stars was not anything truly remarkable or eye-opening and can be called a rather average black metal record. Two Hunters was nothing overtly different from anything else but was totally fucking solid. Seriously, not many records have topped that since it was released two years ago in my eyes. The songwriting and overall sound was fucking behemoth, if you will, and truly moving. But really, how long could they ride that wave? Malevolent Grain was boring and was an obvious prelude to how Black Cascade was going to sound, so for me I knew it was going to suck.

Well, I love black cascade. The first song is one of my favorite songs of 2009 so far, it's just awesome.

the postmetally intro song?

Two Hunters is still by far the best WITTR album IMO, and the only one I ever really listen to.

I just rated what i've heard so far this year and the only 2 I bought have been Lamb of God and Mastodon...2 more popular bands but enjoyed the the most..Crack The Skye is amazing.

Here's all the albums I've heard besides these 2 that I will not be buying or Didn't care for.

Cannibal Corpse
Kreator
God Forbid
Pestilence
Hammerfall
Sepultura
All of these were pretty boring and nothing interested me...

Tuns of albums on the way though..I'm really excited for new Dream Theater. And I also gotta check out new Isole and Obscura.

The new Mastodon is pretty much amazing, I think it has topped Leviathan as their best album.