A Question about Carcass

Yes, I've seen the video - I saw it on MTV when it came out. I experienced the album "back in the day", and I always thought it was ahead of the pack; the whole "rock but retro" type song arrangement was quite big a year or two later - as evidenced by albums such as Gorefest - Chapter 13, Entombed - To Ride... and Konkhra - Come Down Cold.

Not to mention Blackstar - Barbed Wire Soul, which is effectively the Carcass Mrk 2 anyway.

hum... now it's explained. the reason is you like this way of death metal. to me, Entombed ended at Clandestine and Gorefest at False (even this albun had poor compositions, but i like so much)

I like lots of death metal; I don't think that Entombed have ever produced anything as good as their debut, Clandestine included. Actually, I've never really seen what the fuss is over Clandestine, tbh.

Anyway, back on topic, Swansong is a rather fine, catchy heavy metal album. It isn't particularly heavy, nor is it in any way extreme - which is perhaps why people regard it as a failure.

I would certainly rather listen to Necroticism than Swansong, but then again I would much rather listen to Swansong than anything that Gorefest have done - False inlcuded.

I like lots of death metal; I don't think that Entombed have ever produced anything as good as their debut, Clandestine included. Actually, I've never really seen what the fuss is over Clandestine, tbh.

Anyway, back on topic, Swansong is a rather fine, catchy heavy metal album. It isn't particularly heavy, nor is it in any way extreme - which is perhaps why people regard it as a failure.

I would certainly rather listen to Necroticism than Swansong, but then again I would much rather listen to Swansong than anything that Gorefest have done - False inlcuded.

god, you have a very peculiar opinion about different death albums... you like swansong but dislike false... how, if both have the same kind of influences???

DIdn't say I disliked False - I like pretty much all Gorefest discography; I said that I prefer anything from the Carcass back catalogue.

I dont think they'll do anything new because Amott is so focused on AE, but then again on the albums the only parts he recorded were the solos. I like Swansong, it didnt have the wall of guitar sound that Heartwork had but it is good.

Jeff Walker has already stated that new material is out of the question. Which anyone in their right mind could see is a good thing.

And yeah, Swansong was a cool album. Not remotely their best but the amount of hate that album gets is completely undeserved.

Jeff Walker has already stated that new material is out of the question. Which anyone in their right mind could see is a good thing.

And yeah, Swansong was a cool album. Not remotely their best but the amount of hate that album gets is completely undeserved.

A post in which Cairath continues his ascent into being most excellent.

Jeff clearly feels strongly about the subect
From the interviews i've been reading with him he doesn't want to risk "ruining a good thing"
I think he said "It's good to quit while we're ahead" not to mention that they just want to give the fans what they want, the old material. I agree with you, Swansong is excellent, I don't know why it's so hated.

Says you, as it goes. I don't see Motorhead being particularly underground, nor Testament or Dark Angel, as it goes ?

Naturally, since i'm the greatest man that has ever lived, my opinion is not only the only one that matters, but it is also not just opinion, but fact.