A Question about Carcass

Naturally, since i'm the greatest man that has ever lived, my opinion is not only the only one that matters, but it is also not just opinion, but fact.

Canadians

just kidding

I dont think Swansong was mainstream but it was stripped down and it was a natural progression from Heartwork--they couldnt really go back the other direction

Naturally, since i'm the greatest man that has ever lived, my opinion is not only the only one that matters, but it is also not just opinion, but fact.

Your_a_fag1.jpg

but none of those bands made calculated career moves to become more mainstream like Carcass did.

No, Another Perfect Day (mainstream rock) and Low (Pantera fanbois) were not any move to the mainstream.

Honest.

I don't know what strange, alternate universe you inhabit, but there isn't one track from Swansong that is ever going to trouble the mainstream consciousness. You won't ever see it on guitar hero. They will never play it over the tanoy in your favourite mall. They will never use any of those songs to advertise a product.

Catchiness and simplicity of song writing does not equal mainstream, and even if it did, does it matter as long as the song is good ?

but there isn't one track from Swansong that is ever going to trouble the mainstream consciousness. You won't ever see it on guitar hero. They will never play it over the tanoy in your favourite mall. They will never use any of those songs to advertise a product.

Catchiness and simplicity of song writing does not equal mainstream, and even if it did, does it matter as long as the song is good ?
:kickass: I'll admit to liking Swansong but Heartwork has sold more copies in the long run. Yes Heartwork is a superior album but I don't think Carcass sold out in any way with Swansong.

anything new will never be able to touch what they did in necroticism or any of their other great albums, im guessin anything new would still sound close to swansong (an album i like but my least favorite outa everything they did)

You must have not heard the Blackstar project with everyone but Bill Steer...it was awful!!

No, Another Perfect Day (mainstream rock) and Low (Pantera fanbois) were not any move to the mainstream.

Honest.

I don't know what strange, alternate universe you inhabit, but there isn't one track from Swansong that is ever going to trouble the mainstream consciousness. You won't ever see it on guitar hero. They will never play it over the tanoy in your favourite mall. They will never use any of those songs to advertise a product.

I almost stood up and applauded when I read that post. Nice one, Carcassian.

Honest.

maybe because its also crap? face it, Swansong contains none of the trademarks that made Carcass gods in the metal and hardcore punk communities. It was made for Columbia Records specifically to get Carcass in the Top 40, which also failed. the album is just mediocre, sorry.