Album expectations and the reality

Zellie

Spilled Cup of Oceansoul
Aug 13, 2007
I remember reading several interviews bating our breath for the album itself. I was curious what everyone's thoughts were on what we heard vs. what we think now that we've actually heard the album.

For example, we were given temporary song titles -- I specifically remember "BBB" and someone wondering if it stood for "Bitch, Bitch, Bitch!" .... considering the content of Bye Bye Beautiful.... that sounds quite accurate!

Here is one of the interviews I was thinking of:

http://www.tarjaturunen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=135057&sid=57808a9d455c0675b3c895716b5336d2#135057

Tuomas says "This will be my best song" about the longest song on the album. I do love me some P&P!

"ratty combative piece (“Fetzer”) with oriental elements. " - Whoever brings the night?

"Then the song with the working title “Sibelius” comes to the testbed. The melody sounds like folklore, the guitar is singing. A finnish carousel." - Thoughts?

BBB - Bye Bye Beautiful
Pissed 24/7 - Master Passion Greed?
Desert Storm - Sahara
Pink Floyd Rip Off (bittersweet acoustic ballad) - ....? Meadows of Heaven??
The Neverending Song - P&P!
Druids on the loose (celtic folk meets Jethro Tull) - haha, Islander!

There was another interview where the band members were describing their impressions of the songs--I thought Emppu said something about one being creepy, like a horror movie with screams and such in it.

I honestly do not remember much about the build-up, but once the album came out I voraciously devoured it, it's so damn good!

Hey Zel...I need to get my hands on a Finnish Chin Milkers Society t-shirt. I will pay top dollar in time for the second leg of the tour. :headbang:

I honestly do not remember much about the build-up, but once the album came out I voraciously devoured it, it's so damn good!

Hey Zel...I need to get my hands on a Finnish Chin Milkers Society t-shirt. I will pay top dollar in time for the second leg of the tour. :headbang:

Those shirts were something Teleute had specially made for this tour. There are only the two of them. She (Tel) kept asking if i wanted one too, but that would have been kind of weird hehe. The backs of those shirts are kind of personalized though. It has the 3 tour dates that the three of us attended together, along with our net-names. Somehow i doubt you want a shirt that says TZT - Teleute Zelda Tramz on it hehe.

Still, it was a standard font, so i don't see why you couldn't go to Customink.com, same as she did, and just use the pictures to design yourself up a personalized shirt of your own (assuming of course that Tel and Zellie don't mind the idea being spread around some).

I remember reading several interviews bating our breath for the album itself. I was curious what everyone's thoughts were on what we heard vs. what we think now that we've actually heard the album.

For example, we were given temporary song titles -- I specifically remember "BBB" and someone wondering if it stood for "Bitch, Bitch, Bitch!" .... considering the content of Bye Bye Beautiful.... that sounds quite accurate!

Here is one of the interviews I was thinking of:

http://www.tarjaturunen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=135057&sid=57808a9d455c0675b3c895716b5336d2#135057

Tuomas says "This will be my best song" about the longest song on the album. I do love me some P&P!

"ratty combative piece (“Fetzer”) with oriental elements. " - Whoever brings the night?

"Then the song with the working title “Sibelius” comes to the testbed. The melody sounds like folklore, the guitar is singing. A finnish carousel." - Thoughts?

BBB - Bye Bye Beautiful
Pissed 24/7 - Master Passion Greed?
Desert Storm - Sahara
Pink Floyd Rip Off (bittersweet acoustic ballad) - ....? Meadows of Heaven??
The Neverending Song - P&P!
Druids on the loose (celtic folk meets Jethro Tull) - haha, Islander!

There was another interview where the band members were describing their impressions of the songs--I thought Emppu said something about one being creepy, like a horror movie with screams and such in it.

You know, for the ""ratty combative piece" i was initially going to say Cadence, but with oriental elements? Yeah i'd have to agree with "Whoever Brings The Night". Nothing else really comes close.

Yeah Pissed 24/7 would *have* to be Master Passion Greed.

I think you pretty well nailed it. There was that other interview that Enigma posted a while ago.. was it here or the old forum? I can't remember. It was from the listening party that was held where someone described the songs in much better detail. That would be a great one to try to figure out. I think that's the one with the "horror movie" reference.

I don't know enough about J-tull XD;

If any of you guys find that interview, post it up here... I tried searching for it but didn't come up with anything -_-;

Those shirts are awesome... I've never had someone comment on my Planet Hell or Oceansoul shirts, but the Chin Milkers? Holycrap! People at the store, people in line, and just the other day the boyfriend took us to Sakura and one of the waitresses was like "OMG! MY BOYFRIEND LOVES THAT BAND SO MUCH! HE HAS BEEN OBSESSED WITH THEM SINCE HE WAS LIKE 3 YEARS OLD!! I WANT TO OFFER YOU MONEY FOR THAT SHIRT!"

Internally I was laughing thinking that her boyfriend was around age 13? hahaha.

I don't know enough about J-tull XD;

If any of you guys find that interview, post it up here... I tried searching for it but didn't come up with anything -_-;

Those shirts are awesome... I've never had someone comment on my Planet Hell or Oceansoul shirts, but the Chin Milkers? Holycrap! People at the store, people in line, and just the other day the boyfriend took us to Sakura and one of the waitresses was like "OMG! MY BOYFRIEND LOVES THAT BAND SO MUCH! HE HAS BEEN OBSESSED WITH THEM SINCE HE WAS LIKE 3 YEARS OLD!! I WANT TO OFFER YOU MONEY FOR THAT SHIRT!"

Internally I was laughing thinking that her boyfriend was around age 13? hahaha.

That is just hilarious. Who knew they would have gone over so well? What are the odds that anyone else just anywhere in day to day life would really even get it? We'll have to open an OSA Ebay shop with a special OSA Chin Milkers variant shirt due to popular demand! ;] Kidding, but you've got to love the reactions.