New Nightwish Songs

I just "obtained" the 2CD Spinefarm version of the Amaranth single. First off, after hearing the full unadulterated, final mix of Amaranth....WOW, the production is absolutely stunning! Powerful and clear...all the band instruments and orchestral tracks are sharp and defined. And this is just the single, I can't imagine how huge the sound will seem on an epic track like TPATP (I really can't, since I haven't heard it yet ;)).

The demo of Amaranth, called Reach, features Marco on vox with completely different lyrics in the chorus...definitely interesting. It has the rougher/unpolished quality of a demo, and sans orchestral parts. The Eva demo follows along these same lines.

The orchestral versions of Amaranth and Eva are really quite nice, especially Amaranth, sounds so damn magical. By isolating the symphonic elements, they offer an added insight and make you appreciate more the compositional quality that goes in. The other track is While Your Lips Are Still Red, which most have heard thanks to the video on youtube. Not really a true Nightwish track, but Marco serves up some nice mellow vocals.

Now I have the monumental task of not overplaying Amaranth till I get the full album :zombie:

Now you can listen Bye Bye Beautiful and Amaranth legally at www.roadrun.com/darkpassionplay (streamed in Flash player)

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

These tracks will be released as single-CDs in Europe, and honestly, they are like made for the purpose delivering beautiful melodies and catchy choruses which will stick in everyone's mind like a bubblegum in the hair o_O

Btw. Amaranth-single was today (Aug 24) announced to have sold gold in Finland in two days after release :headbang: which is awesome for a CD-single these days when only a fistful of singles every year reach gold sales any more.

You can listen Bye Bye Beautiful and Amaranth legally at www.roadrun.com/darkpassionplay (streamed in Flash player)

Amaranth-single was today (Aug 24) announced to have sold gold in Finland in two days after release :headbang:

Amaranth went straight #1 on the singles charts in Finland on the first week out. :Smokin: :headbang:

Top three single CDs, week 35/2007
1. Amaranth - NIGHTWISH - Spinefarm
2. Rakkautta vain? - YÖ - Poko
3. The Kiss Of Dawn - HIM - Hmc

Congrats Nightwish :kickass: - will this be only the beginnign :cool:

Hey mister! Don't you dare to laugh at Yö (=night) :heh: :p

They used to be one of the best poppish rockbands in Finland back in the good old 80's, then they kind of faded for a decade in the 90's, even they did release records, but a few years ago they made a great comeback and are doing very well again.

Yö's website (in Fininsh only)

But then again, there isn't anyone in this country right now to beat Nightwish. Their music seem to appeal to all kinds of people, over the generation and genre borders. They are played even on mainstream radios and their records are selling like daily bread. :cool: