An appeal to metalheads interested in discussing the MUSIC..

them][nstrel

Flying Finn
Jan 26, 2003
Sweden
www.voxhouse.net
I designed sites for a few bands within the past couple of years, some unknowners and a couple most of you have heard of, possibly because when it comes to their place in the metal scene it's a controversial one. I'll simply tell you EXTOL is one of them, if you don't get it, no big deal, you can still help me out with my problem.

In the meantime I decided to host forums for them all as part of a metal site I run, and it's a site I'm very serious about making into something top notch quality. When I say that, I mean I want to create a good balance of information and resources, and a generally enjoyable atmosphere, with lots of options, discussion zones and a great design. The potential for it is there - now here's the problem.

We've reached over 1000 users, and granted, there are quite a few who understand and make good participants in the concept of a metal forum, unfortunately alot of the users are fans of the bands I host, perhaps new to metal for the most part, and don't really posess much of a knowledge about bands, theory, subgenres, and so on, and thus the content I want to highlight seems to take a backseat to a bunch of immature and irrelevant conversation.

Some have approached me in private and voiced concerns that my idea seems "dead" so to speak - which I strongly disagree with. I have a big vision and am committed to making it work. I'm sure you've all heard of someone who believed they had a really good idea and there were always people that said "that's not gonna work", but in the end they pulled it off and wouldn't go back and do it any differently if they had the chance because it was worth it all. Well, my idea encompasses all kinds of aspects of the metal community, from labels, to bands, talent, musician resources, metal and musical terminology.. basically a large resource - not a "zine". It has the foundation set - it merely needs some people serious about the music.. whether that's musicians or those that just want to cut the bullshit and exchange real valid information which can in turn be utilized by the entire metal community.. think about it. you have something to say about black metal? or melodic death metal? to tell those nu-metallers and hxc kids what's what? say it! you want to share a great band? do it. you want to write a review of an album you love instead of letting people read some dickwad who knows nothing about the style of the band spew off about how the album is the shittiest piece of garbage he's heard? by all means! All kinds of different opinions matter and will be equally weighed. The one thing we won't tolerate is a bunch of flaming based on difference of beliefs or anything like that. Believe me though, if it's metal we'll be more than accomodating.

If you're interested, I'm not asking you to leave this forum or not support this website - hell, all you have to do is submit a link yourself and it will be added to our metal resources and we'll create traffic FOR this place. If you're in a band, submit your music to our download area. I'm doing this because I am a musician myself, I love metal, and I want to help raise the bar on the kind of stuff that's accessible to metalheads on the net.

Now that you have a better idea about it, I will simply say this - you help me and I'll help you.. Join the site and contribute something, and soon enough there will be a ton of great shit for everyone, and a lot less reason for anyone to complain.

The website is www.metalhq.com , hope to see you there.

Hello, Henrik. I really admire your ideas, especially since there are so many crappy metal webzines out there. I don't know what you want as far as contributions go, but I'm wondering how long you've spent on other forums. Every site has immature visitors, arrogant elitists, and tons of totally off-topic posts. I'm having problems like that with my own site I just started not too long ago. If you can find any solutions that seem to work well, by all means give me some tips too. The problem is that most forum goers just want to rant and get things off their chest, not maturely discuss or respect others' opinions. But if there's anything I can do to help, just ask.

You're hosting forums for CHRISTIAN "metal" bands.
You think it might be realistic to avoid "immature and irrelevant conversation."

Conclusion: you must be fucking JOKING.

Having a metal forum with no hateful arguing is pretty much.... impossible.
After my first post here, I was already fighting with someone!
It's crazy. Who knows maybe I take things the wrong way,
but everything is always very negatively critical.

I rather go to a metal site for the reviews, news, and interviews.
Metal forums are not good for the blood pressure.