Anathema & Old Doom

A Fine Day to Exit will be out on October 1st.

I've heard from one of my friends, who was at Pepsi Sziget festival, that the forthcoming Fine Day opening track sounds like some brit pop, but the remaining two or three new tracks they played are 'standard Anathema classics'.

Anathema just CAN'T record anything bad, I wil buy a fine Day anyway (I also found out that Duncan left because of his exstazy problems, and Dave Pybus also left the band couple of weeks ago, I think some George, their longtime friend, is a replacement right now.

I saw them in London in May and the new songs just sounded an extension of Judgement-nothing like Radiohead!

As for the Cav's-a lot of that hostility was when Duncan was in the band.

Originally posted by Elisstar
Yeah, someone on doom-metal.com posted that the new songs sound like Radiohead. As you said, Anathema has never made any bad music (and they are one of my favorite bands), so I'm going to buy it anyway. After all, every single Anathema album has been different in some ways. They don't repeat themselves.

Yeah, my familiar is that guy from doom-metal.com! I'm Whitenight Walker there.
By the way does anyone know, what Vinny is whispering in "Deep" and err first track of the Silent Enigma (sorry, I haven't sleep from yesterday, can't remember the name!)

Yes, the mighty Solitude truly are excellent, like most of the oldschool doom genre in general. I usually do enjoy listening to the slow and heavy atmospheric/gothic metal bands (like Anathema) as well, but not that so-called death/doom (with the exception of some avantgarde metal acts, like Unholy, Skepticism, etc.). Any other true doom heads around?

I'm sorry, it's misunderstanding,
John Douglas didn't play on Alternative 4 because of exstazy problems, and Duncan did left cause of the brothers.
Danny said that he and John were just "Fucked up" after the Eternity, and he had problems with LSD though....
But they are fine now, and they gave us A Fine Day to Exit, a masterpiece of melancholic alter rock.

And anyone who says the opener Pressure is britpop can suck ass.

cheerz

You know, I read profiles of Anathema, when "Judgement" was already out and there were questions to John(I can't remember it correct, but the sense was so):"What makes you Insane?" and "What makes you happy?" and he answered "Ecstasy" both times. Looks like John still have problems with this shitty narcotic, and others let him play in Anathema only because of friendship(but here I must say that drum parts on album are brilliant!). And what about Duncan Patterson, I read a review, where was written, that friendship between Danny and Duncan was shattered, Vinny couldn't even talk to his brother and that's why there are not so much solos on the "Alternative 4". I cannot give you web adress of this review, cause it is russian, sorry.(Ok, if here are some russian- http://painkiller.heavymetal.ru)

Thank you all DOOMSTERS!!!

It is such a pleasure to have such fellowship! This was my first thread on this forum and it never was neither down nor on next page. You know, I appear on doom-metal.com too, but this forum seems like much more doomy. May be we should offer Mark to create Anathema forum?

I wonder that they left the poll there, other links are opening with words "under construction". Anyway, everytime I visit their site, I vote for "The Silent Enigma":)

I hope that the site will be something grandiouse and incredible if it's constructed so long.