Best Deathmetal albums so far in 2002.?

What´s the best deathmetal album in 2002 so far?

• Cannibal Corpse - "Gore Obsessed"

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Decapitated - "Nihility"

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • The Crown - "Crowned In Terror"

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters

~UlvedaL~

Where Lost Souls Travel
Feb 19, 2002
Muspelheim...
Visit site
Greetings fellow metalheads....

I now this is hard, but one of these exelent albums has to be choosen, so the best death-album so far in 2002 can be elected.. I have (of course) only these on the list, because I think these are the best by now.

I´ve chosen Decapitated - "Nihility"...

"Når først det hellige folks makt er fullstendig knust, skal det skje!" (Gaahl of Gorgoroth)

Of those three I´d say GORE OBSESSED.

Nihility was a tad dissapointing, I was expecting something better.

Crowned in Terror didnt do much for me the first time i listened to it. We'll see if I'll get my hands on it again and can go through it a few times to see if it'll grow.

P.S! I dont look at The Crown as a death metal band. They sure are not in the same death metal legue as Decapitated and CC.

Crowned In Terror does take some growing. First time I heard it, I was like "this is okay." But after I listened to it a couple of times, it kicked my ass. So I voted for Crowned In Terror. I haven't gotten the chance to hear the new Decapitated yet.

Originally posted by Dr. Gore
Demigod-Shadow Mechanics...noway will an album top it this year, unless Intestine Baalism finds a label

I totally agree.....I can't stop listening to that Demigod cd...it fucking destroys all!!! I do have to say that The Crown new cd also kicks my ass completly!!!

I voted Nihility, but while were on the subject of new albums, who's heard Kalmah's new one, They Will Return( its out in some places other than the US, right)? I downloaded a few of the songs, and it definately seems to live up to and beyond Swamplord.

Of course it's Crowned In Terror what else can it be.
And i can't say that Wages Of Sin will kick anyones butt because it is kinda mediocre and i don't think i should be in this poll because of the fact that i was released in Japan on the 25th of april 2001. But i have to give alot of credit to Angela because she does a hell of a job singing.