Chicago Powerfest 2005

I'm flying in on Friday just so I can catch these guys play live! :worship:

I'm still swooning over the fact that Morgana Lefay is actually playing in the states!!! :hotjump:

Even though I've been a fan since 99' I'm still a bit new to Lefay, and I've always wondered what happend after the S.O.S. album. I nearly shit myelf when I was told by Chris that Morgana Lefay was confirmed!

I'm a little embarrassed... I only have the last two Lefay albums and "Past, Present, Future". (with the very cool Crimson Glory cover song!) Until recently, their albums have been difficult to find here in the States. However, Now that The End Records acts as distro for Black Mark here in the U.S., they have most of them in stock, so I've been scrambeling to get the rest of the back-catalauge before the festival so I can get familair with what I've missed. o_O

Congrats to them getting things back together for a new album and I'm looking foward to the live show!!! :headbang:

\m/
Dustin

Gaunerin said:
didn't know you're in CAN right now....for how long then? For studies?
Since 2003 iv been there 5-6 months at the time every year, getting my visas & shit this time. Its not for studies, got my wife here... gonna get her swedish visas after I get my canadian ones so we can come there & back however we like

Mark, I'm trying to figure out this trip. It's not the money or the time off-- it's the wife. We are all set for Europe late April and for two weeks in May, where I'll go to the Rock Hard Festival in Germany. Metal is the reason for this trip. How do I convince her that we HAVE to go to Chicago just three weeks before this, for...metal again?

Help me out, man.

Insania said:
Mark, I'm trying to figure out this trip. It's not the money or the time off-- it's the wife. We are all set for Europe late April and for two weeks in May, where I'll go to the Rock Hard Festival in Germany. Metal is the reason for this trip. How do I convince her that we HAVE to go to Chicago just three weeks before this, for...metal again?

Help me out, man.

Take her to a hypnotist. :Spin: Actually, just explain to her about the strength of the bill. It is almost unheard of to get a great show like this in the US! Give her guilt about it being a once in a lifetime situation. That's how I would approach it. Oh, and, of course, tell her you will owe her big time in the future. :D

I hope to see the two of you there. Btw, if you go, a lot of us are staying in the Red Roof Inn in Lansing. Take care. :headbang:

Wah-hey! I dropped the bomb tonight. Green light for INSANIA!

And if you can fucking believe it, she said she'd come for one night...actually attend the show with me. With me. In attendance. :tickled:

This is crazy; I'm gonna blow a grand 3 weeks before blowing several more in Europe, all for metal. I swear this costs more than my old crank habit. No one ought ever question my desire to see Lefay, this is going to be fun...

Never been to Chicago, either, outside of work. I think we can come in on Wednesday afternoon, leave late Sunday. I will look into that Red Roofer too.

INSANIA!!!!!!!! You are going to Powerfest too? WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Half us Northern California metalheads are going! Dude I'm soooooo stoked to finally see my boys live. I am sacrificing nearly everything I have just for a plane ticket and I'll be sleeping on people's floors, but fuck it. I can NOT miss ML live!

I'll also be at Powerfest -- wouldn't miss it, even if I had to walk from NYC to Lansing, ha ha! :tickled:

Can't wait to finally see the band live! :headbang:

Steph

Squeak said:
INSANIA!!!!!!!! You are going to Powerfest too? WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Half us Northern California metalheads are going! Dude I'm soooooo stoked to finally see my boys live. I am sacrificing nearly everything I have just for a plane ticket and I'll be sleeping on people's floors, but fuck it. I can NOT miss ML live!

I figured you'd find a way to the show! This will be great, and also to see Imagika again.

Because I'll miss WOA my only chance to see Lefay was this gig. And I'll have a few days to blow in Chicago -- I need to get to Hot Dougs, the Encased Meat Emporium. Hot Doug -- The Sausage King Of Chicago?

Squeak said:

LOL!! I agree with you 100%. There was NO WAY I was going to miss this show either! Looking forward to meeting ya in Chicago! :Spin:

Steph

We leave in a few days -- thinking of things to do there, aside from the Sausage King. Yoli (my wife) and I will probably hit a few downtown bars, who knows. Any good ideas let us know!

I believe the weather should be good, too.