Choir & Chant

WhiteRaven

Nelchael
Jul 14, 2007
www.myspace.com
Here's an odd one. I'm searching for bands/albums that utilize choir, Gregorian chant and the like. Preferably black, death, thrash and doom, but I suppose that's being a little too optimistic.

Ashes II Ashes use a lot of choirs on their 'Cardinal VII' album

Dunwich from Italy have real Vatican monks on their album 'Eternal Eclipse Of Frost', from 1999

Hollenthon use gregorian chants on some of their songs like 'Eclipse - Vita Nova' or 'Conspirator'

Deathevokation uses a choir to introduce "As My Soul Gazes Skywards," which is a very epic and very good song off a very epic and very good album. Probably not precisely what you're looking for, but I recommend checking it out regardless.

bands/albums that utilize choir.

Therion- Secret of the Runes

I have no idea why I didn't think of this earlier.

I know you said black/death/thrash/doom, but this doesn't really fit any of those. It's just slow, epic, symphonic metal. All the vocals are done by choirs.

On extreme metal it's kinda uncommon.

Ulver - Bergtatt and Kveldsjanger (the last is acoustic) have some kind of choirs on vocals.

Estatic Fear.

Empyrium - Where at night the wood grouse plays and Weiland (specially this one!!) have amazing vocals.

Maybe some Nightwish songs (with Tarja on vocals) or Tarja's solo albums (I suggest Oasis, Lost Northern Star and Sing For Me).

Covenant - Nexus Polaris

Some Cradle of Filth

Some ambient stuff like Dargaard or L'orchestre Noir could like you.