COBOT: the Album

You could just tune your 6-string like it were a 7, and do all the parts that don't use the highest string, and then do those after, once you've re-tuned it.

Eddy's 8 minute song is pretty epic, will take alot of recording. I'm fairly certain no mans fingers could do some of the sweeps in it

You could just tune your 6-string like it were a 7, and do all the parts that don't use the highest string, and then do those after, once you've re-tuned it.

Yeah I was considering this, seems most likely option.

Can I see it? I bet it's perfectly possible to play on a six, unless you've used the last 5 frets a six doesn't have, which means improvising, but still..

Delanoir's solution seems the one I'll use, provided I can actually be bothered to record it.

And here's the midifile from GP:
http://midishrine.com/midi/32354.mid

BEHOLD IT IN ITS SHITTINESS
(the last part with all the cymbals is meant to fade out)

Yeah I was considering this, seems most likely option.

Delanoir's solution seems the one I'll use, provided I can actually be bothered to record it.

And here's the midifile from GP:
http://midishrine.com/midi/32354.mid

BEHOLD IT IN ITS SHITTINESS
(the last part with all the cymbals is meant to fade out)

you can better post or pm a gp tab, no one's gonna rip you and I can't hear shizzle on a midi file either

@Crzy_Aus: I can record the guitars to Vodka right now if you want, but as noone's really worked on the Christmas songs I thought we were dropping it too. But if you want to go over it and Lowberg too then I'll record them, I have a shitton of time now in Christmas.

you can better post or pm a gp tab, no one's gonna rip you and I can't hear shizzle on a midi file either

I can't, my GP files never work because I export GP file from my GP clone.
And besides, what did you mean? You click the link and it plays just like the GP file, no download required.

@Crzy_Aus: I can record the guitars to Vodka right now if you want, but as noone's really worked on the Christmas songs I thought we were dropping it too. But if you want to go over it and Lowberg too then I'll record them, I have a shitton of time now in Christmas.

I say we should record it now and probably leave it for the next COBOT album proper. I'm likely not going to have access to much Internetz after end of January, but I have all the free time in the world till then, so I'm trying to make as much contribution towards the album till then as possible.

@TheKid: Holy truck, so thrash-deathy. I think all my conceptions about conventional harmony just shriveled up and died :lol: Will be cool to hear the full thing recorded, because, well, midis always sound like ass.

Pentatonic scales scare me :( That's what most DM is written on tho...

My song just progressed a bit, I just managed to put a 3-3-2 beat on my 4/4 lead tone. I'm still struggling to write a good violin lead, and come up with some sort of second chord progression. Listening to Piazzolla to get some inspiration :lol:

Why does everyone talk about scales when referring to my music?
I know dick about scales, I just write notes that sound good together.

yep.
he's right, if you know the fretboard, scales are just nice things to know when adding certain *special* notes as the *blues note*.
or that you can play different scales if you have a certain key.

Well, whether you want it or not, there's an "official name" for pretty much every thing in music. It's a lot easier to refer to those names than say it the roundabout way.

You don't have to know theory to make music, but it makes it a lot easier if you do.

I say we should record it now and probably leave it for the next COBOT album proper. I'm likely not going to have access to much Internetz after end of January, but I have all the free time in the world till then, so I'm trying to make as much contribution towards the album till then as possible.

Ok, if Lowberg is still up for vocals we can give it a go.