DEVILDRIVER and SOIL Confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2009

I don't think it is just a bunch of cliques at these festivals. Just because a certain number of people hang out on a forum doesn't make them a clique.
Christ....most of the people I see and talk to on these forums, I only see once a year....at the fest.
And I can't justify spending all that money on travel, lodging, tickets, beer, food, etc etc, simply to "hang out with friends".
There *is* the possibility to meet some new people at these festivals. Who knows, you might even have fun.

Ditto on all of this, except for one thing: I do go to ProgPower mostly to hang out with friends. I hardly ever listen to music anymore, so the bands are not usually a draw for me. However, every year at ProgPower I get to see about 100 close friends, and about 250 acquaintances altogether, none of whom I get to see at any other time of the year. Compare that to Powerfest, where I have maybe 10-15 close friends who still show up, and maybe 30 acquaintances in total. In order for me to come to Powerfest, the bands HAVE to be able to draw me. They just aren't doing that this year.

Hmmmm....maybe we should pattern our fest after this:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115449

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe that would bring the right amount of the community feel? :p :lol:

I don't think CRJ wearing loincloth outfits is going to draw in a larger crowd. :loco:

Wow thats funny because I am traveling to Texas, Atlanta, Chicago, and probably moving to Minnesota to live with the clique there.

Is there enough alcohol in Minnesota to accommodate you residing there?

I saw this a few days ago. I'm actually wondering how true it is. First off, if there was ever a band worth spoofing, it's Manowar. So I could completely see this being a joke. Regardless, I would have guessed their overseas popularity would have put them in a slightly better financial situation than this article would have you believe.

Zod

You mean they live like average joes and put all the money they make back into their band? Wow, that's totally fucking gay. If they wanted to make money, they'd book a fest chock full of nu metal and metalcore bands, instead of being passionate about their music.

You mean they live like average joes and put all the money they make back into their band? Wow, that's totally fucking gay. If they wanted to make money, they'd book a fest chock full of nu metal and metalcore bands, instead of being passionate about their music.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! NICE!!

You're right. How fucked up to want to make money by booking bands that actually DRAW! Damn it!! Those types of promoters SUCK! HOW DARE they try to make money!! Don't they realize you're supposed to lose your ass to the point where you end up out of business in the name of REAL METAL!

HMPH!!

You're right. How fucked up to want to make money by booking bands that actually DRAW! Damn it!! Those types of promoters SUCK! HOW DARE they try to make money!! Don't they realize you're supposed to lose your ass to the point where you end up out of business in the name of REAL METAL!

HMPH!!

I don't see As I Lay Dying or Killswitch Engage on the flyer for Maryland Death Fest, and that shit packs the venue. Whatever, enjoy dropping 200 dollars to go see bands you don't like. :)

HMPH!!

Here we go again.......

I don't see As I Lay Dying or Killswitch Engage on the flyer for Maryland Death Fest, and that shit packs the venue. Whatever, enjoy dropping 200 dollars to go see bands you don't like. :)

200??!! What fest charges that???!!

Wow. Am I the only one who finds this far from funny? This is actually pretty fucked up. You know, I don't care how much of a "name" in the metal community someone is, there's a point where the metal world and the real world line should be drawn. If someone posted photos of your house, and posted information about your day jobs, anyone here would be livid.

It doesn't matter if the guys in Manowar are ego inflated, or down to earth, there should still be a respect for privacy, and this crosses the line.

Is it bad that I'm enjoying all this evil bickering? I feel like that hate-absorbing underground slime in Ghostbusters 2. Viggo the Carpathian should have his own metal fest, he's the only guy badass enough to be beyond reproach.

If you don't like the shit...why do you get involved. Seriously? Are you feeling left out or something?

Believe me, there is a lot of shit I would love to say, but won't out of respect for Chris and Rob and not turning this board into a boxing ring.

If you have something to say, PM me because I'm sure I'm not the only one who is tired of your public negativity towards people.

Believe me, there is a lot of shit I would love to say, but won't out of respect for Chris and Rob and not turning this board into a boxing ring.

If you have something to say, PM me because I'm sure I'm not the only one who is tired of your public negativity towards people.

Interesting. I'll tell YOU what. Since I know EXACTLY who you are. I won't start anything here. I'll see ya later. You want to start with me? No problem.

Interesting. I'll tell YOU what. Since I know EXACTLY who you are. I won't start anything here. I'll see ya later. You want to start with me? No problem.

internet_serious_business_framed.jpg

Wow. Am I the only one who finds this far from funny? This is actually pretty fucked up. You know, I don't care how much of a "name" in the metal community someone is, there's a point where the metal world and the real world line should be drawn. If someone posted photos of your house, and posted information about your day jobs, anyone here would be livid.

It doesn't matter if the guys in Manowar are ego inflated, or down to earth, there should still be a respect for privacy, and this crosses the line.

Although I do agree with you 100%, this to me is the equivalent to the paparazzi hounding & digging up info on celebrities who consistenly bring the attention onto themselves by either saying or doing stupid shit! Although I do think even they deserve the respect of privacy, they do bring that on themselves...and sometimes, yeah, it's funny shit!

Plus, I'm sure it's probably fake, which is why I thought it was funny. :p