Favorite Metal Albums By Decade

schenkadere

Obey my dog!
Apr 24, 2005
NY
www.soundclick.com
Yeah, another queer favorites thread, but they can be fun and interesting.

Mine are(subject to change on a daily basis)...

70's-Sad Wings of Destiny-Priest
80's-Operation Mindcrime-Queensryche
90's-Rust In Peace-Megadeth
00's-tough one, but I'm going to go with-As The Palaces Burn-LOG

Hmmm, I am actually having the toughest time with the 70's.
70's- KISS/Destroyer (Van Halen I was a close 2nd)
80's- Slayer/Reign In Blood (Destruction's Eternal Devestation is up there.)
90's- Pantera/Vulgar Display Of Power (Kyuss' Blues For The Red Sun is 2nd)
00's- Fuck, I was going to pick Lamb Of God. Nothing that came out really got me off. Laugh all you want but, I have to say Slipknot's first album.

This will be tough(if not impossible) as the 80's especially involve such a vast range of Metal to choose from(a top 5 per decade would be easier I reckon)...still:

1) 70's - "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" - Black Sabbath
2) 80's - "Kill "Em All" Metallica (just for the total impact it had on me in '83)
3) 90's - "Blessed Are The Sick" Morbid Angel
4) 00's - "Sons Of Northern Darkness" Immortal

Difficult choosing just one!!

70´s: Rush - 2112 (not subject to change)
80´s: Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime (Schenkadere you´re wise, man!. Best album ever!)
90´s: Dissection - Storm of the light´s bane (maybe subject to change...but in a few years)
00´s: If we consider 2000 - Nevermore - Dead heart in a dead world
If not: Among these three I can´t decide (all of them subject to change):
Therion: secret of the runes
Enslaved: Below the lights
Klimt 1918: Dopoguerra

Difficult choosing just one!!

70´s: Rush - 2112 (not subject to change)
80´s: Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime (Schenkadere you´re wise, man!. Best album ever!)
90´s: Dissection - Storm of the light´s bane (maybe subject to change...but in a few years)
00´s: If we consider 2000 - Nevermore - Dead heart in a dead world
If not: Among these three I can´t decide (all of them subject to change):
Therion: secret of the runes
Enslaved: Below the lights
Klimt 1918: Dopoguerra

2000's are tough...there aren't that many, but Angel of Retribution is good, and so is The System Has Failed...I liked those, but LOG's As The Palaces Burn is some great metal...their best release IMO.

BTW, guys...mentioning Nevermore in this forum may be hazardous to your health.:lol:

Vol. 4 is my favorite Sabbath w/ Ozzy too...although the track FX is one of the biggest wastes of recording time in history!

Supernaut and Snowblind... drugs really made them good. Wish Ozzy would go out on a high stoned out of his mind. Beat up the witch and the evil cretins that call themselves his family and write a final angry album with the band (with some help from Wylde and Dio). With a picture of Tipper pissing herself on the cover.

I always felt that release had an almost industrial feel...heavy indeed, but industrial-like...not enough outstanding guitar work either...just my opinion, of course.
I can see where your comming from with the industrial thing, especially songs like "Good Friends and a Bottle of Pills" and "Use My Third Arm". Personally, I love Dime's guitar tone at that album. Crushing.