FUCK YOU GUITAR CENTER!!!!!!! (SHORT RANT)

koalamo

Aug 24, 2009
Hicktown New York.
I'm never, ever ever shopping at guitar center again. Seriously, how the hell do you sell products you know nothing about.
I went down to guitar center today to pick up superior drummer and they sold me the reg code without the cd's then the guy calls me back like 6 hours later and tells me that he didn't know you needed cd's for the product,
even though I told him when
I called that I'm pretty sure you needed them, he said that you just needed the registration code. Now I have to drive all the way back there (its about an hour away) to pick up my cd's (if they even have them).....fuck you Rodrigo.

Anything similar ever happen to any of you guys with gc?

I did know, I told him I read that you needed them and he assured me that I didn't. I've never had any problems with guitar center before so I was just like okay maybe I'm wrong? Its my first toontrack product so I was just like this guy must sell this stuff all the time he must know better than me.....you would think, logically the guy who works at guitar center would be familiar enough with a product he's selling to you know actually sell it correctly.

Demand a discount.

Haha do you think I could get away with that dude?

I'm so pissed. Its not even like i care I have to go back there its just like the principal. Learn your shit dude, I'd rather not have to go into guitar center having to have done hours of research. They should know what they're selling. I could have just ordered it online...

Average tenure at GC is 67 days, not to discount them or say there aren't knowledgeable workers at their stores.

Haha do you think I could get away with that dude?

I'm so pissed. Its not even like i care I have to go back there its just like the principal. Learn your shit dude, I'd rather not have to go into guitar center having to have done hours of research. They should know what they're selling. I could have just ordered it online...

I don't see why not - his fuck up costed you time and money - I'd demand to speak to a manager, explain the situation, and tell them that they've lost a customer because of his employee's incompetence. If they ask what they can do to make it right, suggest they include Metal Foundry for free or at cost?

Haha. Definitely gonna do that, I already bought metal foundry with it though so hopefully they can do something for me. </3

But thanks for the advice dude.

I agree that theres some pretty chill people who work there sometimes. Maybe it was just this one guy who was a totally fail. But we'll see how it goes tomorrow when I get on the phone with their manager :zipit:

I don't know anything about a lot of things I sell, but that's because there's over 13,000 of them and knowing something about all of them would require years of study. Just sayin'. Remember that retail chains often don't and cannot provide hands on product training so 9 times out of 10 staff have to fall back on their own experience, if they have it.

Most of the time I prefer it if the sales staff just don't say anything if they don't know about a product. Too often have I had guys come and rant outright bullshit to me. It pretty much seals the deal that I'll never buy anything from them.

I didnt get a CD when I bought the superior upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0, either. It could be a different scenario since it's your first toontrack product, but they just sold me a serial number, which I then registered to my toontrack account on the toontrack website, and they provided a download link for the plug in and enough of the samples to get started. They snail mailed me all the DVD's for free. It seemed to be pretty standard from what I could tell on the the Toontrack site, but getting the DVD's in my hot little hand at the store would definitely have been preferable.

Most of the time I prefer it if the sales staff just don't say anything if they don't know about a product. Too often have I had guys come and rant outright bullshit to me. It pretty much seals the deal that I'll never buy anything from them.

Haha I know its funny to catch them I was talking to my friend about buying a tone port and telling him about spdif...and seeing if it had it and the guy behind the counter was just sitting there staring and at the end of the long coversation he finally says "yeahh man, whatever you wanna do dude..."

I didnt get a CD when I bought the superior upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0, either. It could be a different scenario since it's your first toontrack product, but they just sold me a serial number, which I then registered to my toontrack account on the toontrack website, and they provided a download link for the plug in and enough of the samples to get started. They snail mailed me all the DVD's for free. It seemed to be pretty standard from what I could tell on the the Toontrack site, but getting the DVD's in my hot little hand at the store would definitely have been preferable.

Well I was reading about that on some other forum as well I think it was actually toontrack and the said the same thing that it was sent in the mail but the guy at guitar center made no mention of that. As a matter of fact when he called me back to ask me if I was having trouble downloading the stuff (obviously cuz he knew he fucked up) he sounded as if he was never aware you needed dvds at all. Like he really believed you can download 40 gigs of samples from toontracks site....

I don't know anything about a lot of things I sell, but that's because there's over 13,000 of them and knowing something about all of them would require years of study. Just sayin'. Remember that retail chains often don't and cannot provide hands on product training so 9 times out of 10 staff have to fall back on their own experience, if they have it.

not to be an ass, but this is a pretty bullshit statement

i manage a single department in a massive store, and my area alone has well over 20,000 individual SKU's...and i can tell you where each and every item is, and what its function/purpose is

yea, it required training and a bit of experience, but to say that it's unrealistic to expect people to know the shit they're selling is pretty erroneous!

I'd rather someone said "I don't really know, but I'll go find out/ask" than spout shit about something they don't know.

At least they're actually trying to help you and learn something. The willingness to learn is something I like to see in people, which is why I like this place I guess :)

i friend of mine had a very similar situation. they gave him the registration code in the ticket but they never gave them the cd's. they told them you could download the software online. he then came back and said the only downloads there were on the internet were illegal. They still didn't give them the CD's because they said you could download from their website. So my friend ended up downloading the torrent and using his registration code to activate. about a week later they called him, telling him that the store DID have the CD's, they just weren't aware of it.