Gamers Thread

Have any of you had the chance to fuck with one of these bad boys ....

virtual-boy.jpg

i remember playing this POS at the local Sears back when i was a wee little lad. Oh and the Panasonic 3DO! :lol:

Reactions: Krow
Have any of you had the chance to fuck with one of these bad boys ....

virtual-boy.jpg

i remember playing this POS at the local Sears back when i was a wee little lad. Oh and the Panasonic 3DO! :lol:

I had one of these as a kid. I can't quite remember what it's demise was but I remember after playing that thing for a while I felt like my eyes were going to melt out of my skull.

Very uncomfortable and nauseating.

Edit: I may still actually own this thing now that I think about it. I'd have to sift through an entire trailer my family used for storage once they got a house for it though... not sure I can be arsed.

One of my favorite games to play were the old Dynasty Warriors games (4 and 5, specifically) but this line in 3 makes me crack up every time. It's like Trey Parker did some anonymous dubbing for Koei. :rofl:

EDIT: Forgot to put this one too. :tickled:

Loved Dynasty Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends when I was in middleschool. Used to play that shit with my buddy all the time. The more recent games are pretty fun as well although I think I enjoy Samurai Warriors a bit more.

I've been playing a lot of Black Ops III Zombies recently, but that's about all I play video game wise, though I used to play Minecraft and still do occasionally.

Got to wondering how much longer of a run the 360 and PS3 might have as far as new releases, given PS2 servers were online till just a few years ago. Pulled up this article, interesting little read.

www.usgamer.net/amp/system-swansongs-the-last-games-released-on-the-greatest-consoles?client=ms-android-metropcs-us

The gaming landscape is so vastly different now though with indie developer content easily available on the marketplace, and some damn good mid level developers with no financial ties to new console releases. So I'd guess that the last gen of consoles has a pretty long life ahead of it.

For all you Warhammer nerds, I finally gave Mordheim a shot. Pretty fun and very challenging. I got my ass handed to me for the first few games until I realized that I needed to group up. Currently doing well with a Skaven warband. Gotta love those X-COM style games where you build an emotional attachment to your units. My frontline halberd-wielder got an infection in his leg wound and had to amputate his entire right leg off. Now he has a peg leg and can't climb or jump. Feel kinda bad for the guy y'know?

Has anyone played the new Zelda game? The reviews for it are ridiculous, claiming it's possibly the best in the series.

I can't justify investing in a Wii U/Switch just for one game, though.

I'd get the switch if it wasn't sold out everywhere. Maybe this summer, I don't want to bother hunting for it.

Also kind of hesitant about this zelda. My favorite zeldas were the cartoony 2d ones:

Link to the Past
Link Between Worlds
Minish Cap
Link's Awakening

This looks like the polar opposite. They basically took Fallout 4 and made a Zelda mod. I'm not sure it will be my favorite ever.

Reactions: CiG