Get to know your fellow nighwish fan

Hey there! :wave: People from the former official English forum probably know me already, but I'll post one of these anyway. XD I'm sorry if I'm not very active now, but I need to learn how to use this forum first!

Name: The Witchdrummer

Interests: Life, love and nature, trains, My Little Pony (G1 only!), piercings/tattoos, music, and tons of other things!

Favourite bands: Where to start? XD Here's a few, in no particular order:

Nightwish
Tarja
The Cranberries
The Cranberry Saw Us
The Moody Blues
Luka Bloom
Christy Moore
Melanie
Jethro Tull
Ian Anderson
(Old) Within Temptation
Tarot
Delain
(Old) Nemesea
(Old) Theatre Of Tragedy
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Leaves' Eyes
Harvey Andrews
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
Drake Bell

Religion: Mine!

Smoker: No.

Drinker: Ugh, no.

Additional info: I am the fool on the hill.

Hi there- I also joined after the closing of the old official forum, some of you might have seen me over there:

Name: Himiko (Emma is my actual name, but it is also ridiculously common, so it's probably simpler to stick with Himiko :p)
Interests: Reading, listening to music, browsing internets, jobseeking (not really a hobby, but something I spend a lot of my time doing these days). Occasionally, when I have enough spare pennies for ingredients, I like to bake.
Bands I like: Blind Guardian, Skindred, Sabaton, Subway to Sally, Alestorm, Finntroll, Loreena McKennitt, Helium Vola, Trevor Jones, Ayreon, Nightwish, E Nomine, The Black Mages, Abney Park, Steeleye Span, Iron Maiden, Lindisfarne and various others.
Religion: Agnostic
Smoker: Not really
Drinker: I've never drunk alone, but having been a student for some years before this, a lot of alcohol has been consumed. Am cutting down mostly for financial reasons, but also because I'm trying to lose a little weight, and the hangovers hit me much harder these days: :kickass: -> :puke:

Additional Info: I like to play Devil's Advocate, especially on forums, so my apologies for that. I can be a bit of a pessimist. More to follow. Possibly.

Welcome to everyone!

And look, C! I'm posting on YOUR forum! I'm being good! Can I have a cookie? :D :lol:

Heh Danteryu, a video game/computer geek that enjoys bands like Battlelore. Unheard of here! Kidding of course. Many of us here can thank C for turning us on to Battlelore btw.

I never noticed this before, but yeah, on the surface of things I seem like a huge nerd. My name is even a combination of my two favourite video game characters... :lol:

I've been into Battlelore for a while, long before I ever joined any Nightwish forum, but it's cool to see other people who like them - as for BG, I love Nightfall in Middle Earth SO MUCH.

Officially this is my first post here. I've lurked for a long time, almost as much as I did on the official NW forums, but now they've changed and everything's rearranging anyway, I figure I'll take a shot at an actual post! :)

Name: Desi (short for Desiree)
hobbies: Music music music.. I used to play WoW (I was a BC kid), my life revolved around raid times. I haven't raided since Wrath. I love going to concerts, surfing the internet, video games, movies, etc. I'm pretty easy going. I also teach kids piano a few hours a week.
fave bands: Nightwish obviously, No Doubt (super mega fan since childhood), The Living End, Dawes.. My tastes seriously run the gamut. Used to be a ska nerd, now I'm getting into heavier sounds, and a lot more eclectic.
Religion: Atheist
Smoker: No, thank goodness I never started that habit. So much money!
drinker: Occasionally!
additional info: I have an 11 year old basset hound, although he's been living with my mother for the last year and a half. I miss him (even though I see him at least twice a week)! His name is Bumples.
My best friend and I got into Nightwish together. It's been a common bond for us for awhile. We're both fairly new fans (just after DPP came out).. :)

Sorry for taking while to join here

Name: Jadelion (or Jade)
Location: Abyss of bottomless despair where they drink herbal tea because they have given up caffeine and/or the mysticism section of the bookshop
Interests: I am working on having some interests, its just in the planning stage at the moment really
Religion: New age hippy
Smoker: /Drinker: No alchohol, no caffeine, no sodas, no smoking, no herbal teas
Additional Info: I was on the old NW board a little bit in the past (but haven't been around for a while)

Right on, Jade. I've not had a soda in well over a year, and i consider caffeine to be a drug just like any other. It's generally unhealthy and to be avoided.

I have a feeling "new age mysticism" means Wicca, or possibly (though less likely) Golden Dawn. I've always had a keen interest in Thelema and the works of Crowley in general, though I've more or less moved away from it when I acknowledged a few years ago what I've always really been: an atheist (putting aside minor issues with the word itself). At any rate, welcome to the forums. :]

Thanks Tramz and C
I don't drink sodas because I think they keep me awake. But Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they do put something in it to make it addictive (lol)

By new age I meant I will believe in any sort of weirdness not just one thing, dream techniques, reincarnation, spirit guides, whatever.
If there is a book on it in the mind body spirit section then I will read it.

Happy solstice (for several days ago) in that case.

I don't think that I have read any books by her but its possible I have and don't remember it, it does look a bit familiar.