GMD Vote: Next Band Discographies to Rank

the two i heard that came right after Roots were far worse. That being said were not saying Roots because were clearly talking about Sepultura with Max. They were a completely different band imo after Max left. You can still hear a little bit of Chaos AD in Roots too.

The Mediator... is about at the same level of shittiness as Roots though.

the two i heard that came right after Roots were far worse. That being said were not saying Roots because were clearly talking about Sepultura with Max. They were a completely different band imo after Max left. You can still hear a little bit of Chaos AD in Roots though.

The Mediator... is about at the same level of shittiness as Roots though.
I actually didn't mind the band's reinvention, even if the music from that era is inferior to the stuff from 1987-1993. Sepultura really died when Igor left the band.

Ah ok, think last time I spoke to you about them I got the wrong impression that you only liked Schizophrenia/Beneath.

nah, they're one of my all time favorite bands, i like everything they did up to Chaos AD. The release day of Roots was one of the saddest days of my life.
Same here. I brought Schizophrenia, Beneath & Roots all on the same day. Think I was 16 or so at the time. I hadn't ever heard the song Roots Bloody Roots by then either, so I had no idea what I was in for.

I got that 2-in-1 Morbid Visions / Bestial Devastation 2004 reissue CD in like '05 and I was totally obsessed, and I actually laughed out loud when I heard that song "Roots" and realised it was the same band. The gayness of the 90's really did make clowns of so many legendary 80's bands.

To be fair, all of their albums with Derrick are better than Roots.

I didn't think any of them were bad, but there's a reason I only own the Sepultura albums up through Roots. They definitely get too much hate because it's Fauxpultura but their current drummer is better than Igor hands down.

Last edited:
I didn't think any of them were bad, but there's a reason I only own the Sepultura albums up through Roots. They definitely get too much hate because it's Fauxpultura but their current drummer is better than Igor hands down.
I haven't heard much of the new drummer so will have to check him out.

Love that new quote in your sig Ozz!