GMD Vote: Next Band Discographies to Rank

I generally don't want them overloaded with every split, demo, EP an artist has done, but when there's a seminal work and people lobby for it, I include it. The exception would be Slayer, where I now wish I would have included Haunting the Chapel. But that was one of the first ones we did.

Of the ones other people have listed I'm down for Kreator, Drudkh, Immortal, Gorguts, Obituary, Atheist, Deicide, or any of the other OSDM bands people have mentioned.

As far as Sepultura, did they ever at least get back to being adequate, or is everything after Roots shit?

If you were to believe ratings, Sepultura has been on an upward rise again.

I want to mostly echo other votes this time to get these bands done.

Carcass
Obituary
Sepultura
Deathspell Omega
Nile

I also want to do Enslaved but I’m not sure they have the support here at the moment.

Unofficial count:

6 votes: Kreator
5 votes: Carcass, Sepultura
4 votes: Deathspell Omega, Nile, My Dying Bride
3 votes: Vader, Obituary, DRI

I'm gonna move up the closing to July 2nd at 5 PM PST, as I think most people have voted already, but you haven't please do so by then. Also, you CAN change your votes. Just edit your original post.

If anyone wants to swap a vote let me know. If you vote for Deathspell Omega or My Dying Bride, I'll vote for Nile or Obituary (preferable) or Sepultura.

Of the ones other people have listed I'm down for Kreator, Drudkh, Immortal, Gorguts, Obituary, Atheist, Deicide, or any of the other OSDM bands people have mentioned.

As far as Sepultura, did they ever at least get back to being adequate, or is everything after Roots shit?

I would say this: they definitely brought back the aggression due a great decision on hiring Eloy Casagrande as drummer. The guy does all the possible Justice to the old tracks live, if not he even surpasses Igor at times in speed, technique and endurance.

BUT... Andreas forgot how to write good, or even decent riffs and Green has always been a terrible vocalist, so current Sepultura is basically mediocre. They should hire another guitar player who can write good death/thrash shit. Someone like Piotr from Vader would make this band rise to their previous level with sort of ease. Lee Altus should leave Exodus and join Sepultura. There are other names that would do good to the band.