good and cheap pair of headphones ... advice needed!

decoys

Mar 16, 2009
Germany - Munich
hey guys,
I'm looking for a pair of headphones for mixing purposes. prize range ~ 100€. what are good pairs to test? will be at a bigger musicshop this week and want to try some out...
what about the sennheiser hd 280 pro?

+1 more to the HD280's

seems like these have been catching a lot of shit lately here and there...but go back about 3 yrs. in time, and they were the bee's knees of sub-$200 headphones

they don't have the overpowering bass that a lot of phones do, but they're very comfortable and with the closed-back can be used for tracking as well as mixing

Yeah HD280's have good isolation and are very "clear"....little to no bass but they are sound for tracking purposes. Usually people jump on the ATH-M50 bangwagon for overall quality though!

Just as a question ... do you currently have monitors, or are you planning to just mix on headphones?

Cause if you are ........

failboat.jpg

ATH-M50 are generally regarded as better then Equation Audio RP-21's though.

And they're not that costy. Czech 'em out!

Sennheiser HD 202. I actually use them to complement my Yahama hs80 well. You hear very clearly if your mix is to strong around 250-350hz on these headphones which where the Yamaha's have a dip.
'
I also have Sennheiser HD 280 PRO which is great reference headphones. but they are a bit expensive.

thanks a lot so far guys! most of those headphones are reasonable prized, too! (sennheiser hd 202 for 25€ ... that feels even too cheap haha)
keep them coming!