Grand Morbid Funeral

The vocals clicked with me after the first few songs during my first listen. Call it blasphemous, but I think Nick Holmes' vocals suit the band's old school death metal sound much better than Michael Akerfeldt.

I agree he fits, but I wouldn't say he fits better than Mikael or even Peter. Both of those vocalists matched the sound of their albums very well and I think Nick fits this album too. I would not like him in a more modern sound but he is fine here.

You see those three "^"? That means it was directed to Xantern 3 posts up.
Well, it would be easier to just quote the guy then :(

He has a point :lol:

I heard it a few times. I like the dark atmosphere but in the end, even though I don't mind the vocals, a great vocalist would have given the album that extra push to keep me coming back. I would love to hear this sound with a killer growler to really help sell it.

I still listen to their other albums from time to time, but Grand Morbid Funeral probably won't get that many future listens.

I just looked on my last.fm. Just curious about comparing it to how much I've heard the other albums

Breeding Death ~90 times.
Nightmares Made Flesh ~50 times.
Resurrection Through Carnage ~45 times.
The Fathomless Mastery ~20 times.
Unblessing the Purity ~10 times.
Grand Morbid Funeral... ~5 times :lol:

BD and UTP, and all albums obviously has more spins. But % is about right I guess.
Bloodbath.PNG