Is Carcass-Heartwork Death or Melo' Death

Is Carcass-Heartwork Death or Melodic Death?

• Death

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Melodic Death

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters
Anyone who thinks Heartwork is Melodic Death should be laughed at and ridiculed.

Anyone with any intellect will know that Heartwork is the Death Metal sound in both the music and vocals. The foundation of the music is Death (evident by heaviness and powerchords) and there is a layer of some melodic themes on some songs. That layer is built onto the foundation but the foundation remains Death.

Profånity said:
Anyone who thinks Heartwork is Melodic Death should be laughed at and ridiculed.

Anyone with any intellect will know that Heartwork is the Death Metal sound in both the music and vocals. The foundation of the music is Death (evident by heaviness and powerchords) and there is a layer of some melodic themes on some songs. That layer is built onto the foundation but the foundation remains Death.

Huh? It's melodic death metal - just not in the typical Gothenburg style. The brief moments of atonality are heavily outnumbered by melodic riffs and harmonies. There's even an Iron Maiden riff in This Mortal Coil.

Profanity, put a blind fold on and run around in the middle of the road. I will give you a penny after.

Profånity said:

\

Such claims warrant supporting evidence. Compare some death bands to Carcass for me.

well, Profanity has provided more clarity and evidence for his view that it's death metal with melody than most have who claim it's melodic death. let's take a step back here people. =)

I would say that its all in what you listen for in music. If you are listening for death metal, Heartwork has it. If you are listening for melodeath, Heartwork has it. It's all in the eye (or ear) of the beholder I guess...but as mentioned before, melodic death metal is death metal.

PainMiseryDeath said:
I would say that its all in what you listen for in music. If you are listening for death metal, Heartwork has it. If you are listening for melodeath, Heartwork has it. It's all in the eye (or ear) of the beholder I guess...but as mentioned before, melodic death metal is death metal.
Good answer.

That was funny. You clown, you...

BTW, you almost convinced me to pick death. You gave a convincing argument. But death metal with melody...that's like Entombed or Bloodbath. Or early Sepultura. Melody is barely present.

Carcass is jam-packed with melodic bits and solos, and riffs. My God the riffs!

It's not melo-death in the vein of the Swedish sound. But melo-death it is. Sorry man.

Classifying an album like Heartwork is impossible. It's fucking incredible. Bands in every subgenre of metal have ripped it off. Even Hatebreed has ripped off the intro to Carnal Forge in several of their songs.

Profånity said:
I think Heartwork is the best Death Metal album of all time and i'm fedup of people saying it's not Death Metal, "it's Melodic Death" or something similar whenever I say that.

And you care how people classify bands in a genre because...?

I can call it nu-metal for all i care, doesnt change the fact that heartwork was great, ill listen to anything from any genre if its good. Thats true music, not classifying songs or albums by something a person made up and the flock followed.