Ladies Topic

Taimi

Wishmistress
Aug 11, 2009
Lawton, OK
I've looked around and noticed that there is no specific topic for gripes, especially those of the feminine sort, so I figured it would be ok to start a topic for those of us that are ladies.

Ok, oh my god, I just want to curl up into a ball and sleep and whimper for the next week.

Fighting with some medical problems that may turn out to be endometriosis. Extremely weird cramping that only happens if I take a deep breath, but I can't seem to get enough sleep, and have been pretty much suffering for 2 months with the new sharp stabs near my pelvis whenever I use my diaphragm. Which to a singer, is pretty important.

I've got an appointment set up with my doctor Monday because of the fact that I haven't had a normal period since... October? Tiny bit of spotting before Thanksgiving and again today... but that's not normal for me...

*sighs* just wish some part of me was functioning other than a set of extremities.

I never participated in the Ladies' Topic at the NW forum because I don't consider myself much of a girly-girl. But I suppose one is needed here. ;)

Hope everything goes well at your doctor's appointment, I just found out today that my sister has the early stages of cervical cancer. :( The doctors are hopeful because it was caught early; she'll go on treatments for the next month, and then go back in another 6 months to see if she's OK. I'm trying really hard to keep a positive attitude and remind myself that because it is early stages, there's a chance that she'll pull through this. I really hope so.

Ah :)

More pain this morning, and a new symptom... swelling from one side of my hips to the other that's been confirmed by 2 others. Liberal on the ibeprophen right now.

I'm so sorry C, hope your sister will be fine :/
And good luck to Taimi too!

I'm quite in a bad period too, mostly because of a psychosomatic disorder that causes me constant muscle tension, so it's like I forgot how to relax and I have to take xanax twice per day and I keep increasing the quantity because it doesn't work anymore -.- I'm suffering from this stuff since 4 years but it's getting worse now, before I only had weird pains all over my body but mainly located in hands and arms (I'm an illustrator/graphic and there have been a period I couldn't even hold a pencil for more than 10 minutes because my hands hurted too much, and that threw me in a pretty depressive condition). Now I'm living with chronic fingers/legs cramps and I have to see my doctor again to tell him that I think I need something different from xanax. I don't even know why I'm so stressed, I left work, I'm doing whatever I want all day but I can't relax, not even showers, sex, anything works and I don't know WHY. I often fall into depression, have panic attacks. I'm just lucky I live with a man that really helps me, like, we never have to fight, he's a quiet guy (I have panic attacks mainly when I hear people fighting or talking too loudly or animously, I guess I have to thank my parents for this). Some people told me it could be fibromyalgia, but the doctor never came up with this, so I don't know what to think.

Some people told me it could be fibromyalgia, but the doctor never came up with this, so I don't know what to think.

That's what second opinions are for hun. And you need one if the first doctor won't look into it. It does sound like fibromyalgia is a viable explanation for your pain. It is a particularly nasty condition, but they do have meds for it.
My Advice: Make an appointment with the Doctor, tell her/him the xanax isn't working, and tell him what those people have said. There has to be a test that (s)he can do to check for fibromyalgia - demand it, if you have to. You can't just go on living with that pain. I've seen your work on deviantart, you're much too talented to be forced to give up on your art for something like this.

And Taimi... There's no chance you're pregnant, is there? That would explain the issues with your cycle, and general misery. I hope your Doctor can help you.

And C. You can be a lady without being a girly-girl. You're polite and caring, and seem to try your best to maintain some level of grace in bad situations. Don't look now hun, but you're a lady. :Smug:

Thank you, BaraHime :) Yeah, I'll see him as soon as possible! Luckily these days the pains aren't forbidding me to draw as they did in the past, but the muscles tension is really annoying when I sit to the piano and try to relax :p My arms feel like they're made of wood when it happens, so my sucky playing become even suckier! :p

BaraHime: 100% no way. I haven't had sex period since May.

*General update*

My GP is referring me to a gynocologist in town out of concern because of the bleeding and swelling. On top of a scrip for Lortabs.

Calinn: I hope you feel better soon!

Taimi: Sounds like your doctor is trying to point you in the right direction; hopefully you're on the road to recovery!

BaraHime: Aww, thanks!
blush.gif

Here's a hug for everyone!
grouphug.gif

Yeowch! I hope they can get y'all fixed up.

My sister had a pretty late stage cervical cancer that required a few months of treatment, but she made a complete and full recovery. I hear the earlier stages are even more likely to have a good outcome.

The only female thing I have to complain about today is that I cut my ankle shaving and the cut hits the top of all of my shoes. A minor whine, but ouch. I've been shaving my legs for 25 years now, you'd think I'd have the hang of it by now.

I never participated in the Ladies' Topic at the NW forum because I don't consider myself much of a girly-girl. But I suppose one is needed here. ;)

Like C. I don't consider myself to be much of a girly girl either, but my biggest feminine problem lately would probably be my hair.

Back in my gothic phase (oh my young teenage years :oops: ) I had dyed my hair a lot to keep up with the dark colours; like Blood Red and Black, but when I finally realized that I was some wannabe poser, I decided to go back to my natural hair colour.

In the last 4 years I've maintained my dirty blonde hair, yet at the same time it makes me jealous to see all these women with gorgeous rich colours and highlights. And I just don't understand how their hair stays so healthy and thick; with such a vibrant shiny gloss look?! :bah:

I've always said that I wanted my hair to be as long as Simone Simons, (which the length is getting there), yet I can’t maintain the THICK luscious locks she has. I think my biggest problem is my ends being very brittle. So my question to all of you ladies, is what products would you recommend to someone who is need of her hair to be thick with fullness?

C and everyone else here, I hope everything works out. Best wishes to all of you.

@logchick: Well, thickness and volume of hair is often determined by genetics, but there are products out there that work to specifically lift hair at the roots and "thicken" the strands so it appears more voluminous and "lively". I'm afraid I cannot recommend exact brands because personally I don't use that stuff. My hair isn't extremely thick, but there is lots of it (according to hairdressers at least) so such products weigh it down and just make it feel like there is too much hair on my head. XD I think there are also hair cuts you can get which would give the illusion and feeling of having more volume, but I'm not an expert, so don't quote me. XD

As far as length goes, I'm trying to grow mine out too. The last time I had quite short (nape of the neck) was in 2006 I believe and now it is about half way down my back. I want it to be longer, but it appears to have stopped growing, though according to close friends it HAS grown, but I'm not too certain of that. :( However it is important to trim the ends every 6-8 weeks, approximately. There are anti-brittle and anti-split end products out there, but the only real solution is a good trim. Like Taimi, I would recommend a good deep conditioner once a week and perhaps a leave-in conditioner, rather than wash out one? I find my hair stays more managable throughout the day if I use a leave-in product; it is less prone to tangles, breaking and that brittle feeling you may get, especially between washes. Again, as far as specific products go, I am not sure. I used a Shwarzkopf one a while back, but now it never seems to be in stock when I go shopping. :mad: Also, I have a hair moisturiser I bought from a hairdresser a while back, which you use after a regular shampoo and wash and leave-in and it just makes the ends of your hair a little softer and manages split ends. (But does not prevent them completely - trims are the only way). I can find the name of this product, but not right now.

In the end, this won't exactly give you Simone's hair, but I think it is good practice to get into if you wish to grow it really long, as it just makes it a little more managable and hopefully, more pretty looking too. Of course there are shitloads of other possibilities that could work for you, such as natural/herbal solutions and other such things, but there is too much out there to write it all here. You have to try and find what also works for you, some products might make your hair feel too heavy or greasy, so it just depends.

Well...I think I just wrote a mini-essay about hair. Yep, this shows my priorities well.

It is important to trim the ends every 6-8 weeks, approximately. There are anti-brittle and anti-split end products out there, but the only real solution is a good trim.

Oh I must certainly agree with you! Which is why I get my hair trimmed every two months. Unfortunately every once in awhile- that habit will slip (when life gets too busy, of course). I guess I need to treat my hair as priority, the same way I stay on top of doctors and dentist appointments :lol:

Again, as far as specific products go, I am not sure. I used a Shwarzkopf one a while back, but now it never seems to be in stock when I go shopping.

Never in stock eh? Must be really popular, over where you live then :p
Cause I buy it all the time! I'm currently using their Flat Iron- Gloss Finish :)

Well...I think I just wrote a mini-essay about hair. Yep, this shows my priorities well.

And ha! Its all good girl! You have no idea how much I appreciate the advice!
Thanks for taking the time to inform me on some interesting hair facts ;)

Hey Mooki, how have you been? Long time no see! :wave:

Did you ever get my e-mail, btw?

Thanks for asking about my sister; she finished her treatments a couple of weeks ago and now comes the waiting. We'll know in another few months how the treatments went and if they got all the cancer. She just got married at the end of January, so she and her new husband are very anxious to find out how this has all turned out, because they want to have a baby. So I hope everything works out. She also had some financial problems regarding her treatments, but you know? Just when you get to those phases in life where you think most people are assh*les, you hear a story that renews your faith in mankind. A bunch of her friends gathered together and gave her money to help with her treatments! She ended up having more than she needed, which was so cool! I believe in the power of good karma, so I am hoping that with all these positive things that have happened for her, that she will come through this with flying colors.

(Edited for typos.)

A bunch of her friends gathered together and gave her money to help with her treatments! She ended up having more than she needed, which was so cool! I believe in the power of good karma, so I am hoping that with all these positive things that have happened for her, that she will come through this with flying colors.

That's awesome news to hear C! Glad she got the help she deserves :)
Hope the test results come back negative; negative of Cancer of course!
Best of luck to her and your family!
Keep us all updated will yea? <3