Mid-paced Death Metal

Dec 28, 2001
New Plymouth, New Zealand
www.last.fm
I'm interested in finding more mid-paced Death Metal along the lines of Deathevokation, Runemagick (The Supreme Force of Eternity), Necros Christos, Amorphis, Autopsy, etc.

There's not a lot that isn't ridiculously obscure in the old-school that I haven't heard, so try to limit it to more modern releases (1996-present). Borderline Death/Doom is welcome.

Cheers!

I'm sure he's never heard Bolt Thrower.

I'll have to review some of the newer bands I have and get back to you, I'm sure there's something, though a lot of it seems to be released on 7".

I can pretty much guarantee you that he knows Bolt Thrower, Asphyx, and Winter.

I don't mean to sound like an arrogant prick - and I do appreciate the replies - but did anyone besides Necuratul, Dan and byrne (cheers for reminding me about that Cruciform album, it rules and I definitely need to listen to it more) actually read this part of the original post?

There's not a lot that isn't ridiculously obscure in the old-school that I haven't heard, so try to limit it to more modern releases (1996-present). Borderline Death/Doom is welcome.

I own CDs by Bolt Thrower, Asphyx, Creepmime, Disaffected, Obituary and Brutality. Winter's debut is on my to buy list.

I'll check out The Ruins.

I don't mean to sound like an arrogant prick - and I do appreciate the replies - but did anyone besides Necuratul, Dan and byrne (cheers for reminding me about that Cruciform album, it rules and I definitely need to listen to it more) actually read this part of the original post?

I own CDs by Bolt Thrower, Asphyx, Creepmime, Disaffected, Obituary and Brutality. Winter's debut is on my to buy list.

Yeah, it was all sinking in as I was reading Nec's comments, and then I went back and read what you said.

Anyway, The Ruins is pretty great IMO. It may not blow anyone away at first listen, but it's well written, high quality stuff.

I thought mine were obscure :( haha

I don't know if you've heard of Caducity or not, but it should be what yer looking for.

I forgot a whole bunch that you may or may not have heard.

Schaliach - Sonrise
GROMS - Ascension
Pantokrator - Blod
Sacrificium - Cold Black Piece of Flesh
Creation Of Death - Purify Your Soul
Deuteronomium
Morphia
Yeti

have you heard Internecine Excoriation - Prognosticate The Decrepitude? Review HERE. Should be right up your alley.

I'll check this out.

I thought mine were obscure :( haha

I don't know if you've heard of Caducity or not, but it should be what yer looking for.

Yeah, I have their first two albums; but there's something I can't quite pin-point that I dislike about their sound. Whirler of Fate is still cool though, I should listen to it more.

Lucifer's Hammer - The Mists of Time

Local band that are pretty good, I love their solo tone.

This looks like it'd be exactly what I'm looking for, though searches for it in any form have been unsuccessful. Any chance you could upload it? ;)

I forgot a whole bunch that you may or may not have heard.

Schaliach - Sonrise
GROMS - Ascension
Pantokrator - Blod
Sacrificium - Cold Black Piece of Flesh
Creation Of Death - Purify Your Soul
Deuteronomium
Morphia
Yeti

I haven't heard any of these, most likely because they're all Christian bands - something I cannot support. Cheers anyway.

I listened to the Tzun Tzu tracks on their myspace - good stuff.