R.I.P Jeff Hannemann

CubanDude

not really cuban
Nov 17, 2010
From Slayers Facebook:

"Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.

Our Brother Jeff Hanneman, May He Rest In Peace (1964 - 2013)"

R.I.P Jeff. Totally blew my day apart. Going to have to rage it extra hard at the Soilwork/Jeff Loomis show tonight in his honor!

RIP Jeff

I still remember my first live Jeff and Slayer experience from the front row, almost under Jeff, at the Agora Ballroom in West Hartford CT on the "Reign in Pain" tour supporting Reign in Blood on a December 1986 evening with Overkill as the opening act. To this day it's still right near the top of my all time greatest live experiences.

Died at Hemet Valley Medical Center o_O. That hospital is down the street from where I currently live, when I first moved here, people warned me not to go to that hospital, "Don't go there, a lot of people die there" they tell me. I went their after I got hit in a car accident, they seemed alright I guess. But my mom was admitted to their sister hospital called Menifee Valley Medical Center (the same doctors go back and forth from Hemet and Menifee), those doctors are overworked, tired, understaffed, and barely spend anytime with their patients, (quick to leave), but then again thats how they are at most hospitals. I don't know....but that hospital has a bad reputation. But who knows, maybe even in the best of care, maybe nothing could have been done.

This is fucked.
I met my best friend 18 years ago because of slayer. It was a week before their show in Sydney and I was a bit early at guitar lessons when I heard the kid before me saying that he wasn't going to be there next week as he was going to be at a concert. I then burst in an screamed "SLAYER!!!", he then screamed "Yeah!!!" and we've been best mates ever since.

Rest in Peace Jeff...