RIP Jeff Hanneman

ChaosLee

Formerly Necromunchkin
Nov 9, 2008
Arizona
" Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed."
Our Brother Jeff Hanneman, May He Rest In Peace (1964 - 2013)

Oh yeah. Slayer were one of the 5 bands I obsessed over from age 14 to 19. And then just had casual sex with until... well always. I only listened to World Painted Blood once or twice, but recognized it as pretty good. Christ Illusion I loved after the first few months. Thought that was their strongest in years.

Seasons in the Abyss and Reign in Blood I have no words for. 666/10 for both of those, the world is a cooler place because of those landmarks. But then again I love all Slayer, to some extent, except God Hates Us All. Never dug that one at all, although I do remember it came out on 9/11/2001 and I was the fucking ONLY person out on the roads that day. That was pretty weird. Dude at the counter said "well I guess life goes on" and I thought "fuck yeah, new Slayer album!" and then it kinda sucked, heh.

Since it was liver failure, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to drink a Heineken tonight or not, but I do have 3 in my fridge. :(

RIP

np:
Slayer+-+Seasons+in+the+Abyss.jpg

Time for Show No Mercy and a Heineken.

I have many great memories tied to Slayer.

I'm bummed, but I'm glad to be thankful.

Ooh! Ooh! I guess the Westboro Baptist Church is planning to picket the funeral (which hasn't been announced), Jerry and Mike, you wanna go see the carnage? I'm guessing it'll be somewhere in SoCal. If they have one anyhow.

Westboro Baptist Church v. The Slatanic Wehrmacht

:lol: :kickass: