SKYCLAD - live

IOfTheStorm

Gogol Bordello
Mar 28, 2002
Athens-Greece
www.monolith.gr
PRAY to see this band on stage. I admit i enjoyed this show a lot more than my first Skyclad show in 1998 (with Martin) and i had some serious doubts about how good they will be now, i admit i was very stupid, it should have never crossed my mind that their performance will be something less than PERFECT. The chemistry between the members was there, the magic was all around us, this band is the most honest and TRUE band on stage (and not only). They were enjoying the show a lot more than the crowd (and the crowd was going mad, dancing and singing like crazies), they were smiling and headbanging all the time. Georgina was laughing and dancing like a crazy pixie, a really adorable persona (and great musician). The enthusiasm and passion of the band were ENORMOUS, i have rarely experienced a thing like this from an "old" band, Ramsey and English were headbanging/singing all the time, like they were playing with Satan back in the old days (English looks EXACTLY like back then). The only thing that was not perfect was the playlist, it was just very good. I seriously wish that Martin will NEVER RETURN to the band, hell he abandoned the others because "the band didnt make any money", well fuck off and go make money. Kevin Ridley was unbelievably good in singing the old songs (he changed his voice too, to be more like Martin, and he did it very well). Skyclad is is a band beyond belief really, and you will realize that only after you will see them live.

Playlist (not in the right order, and the songs i can remember now, they played 21 songs):

Earth Mother, the Son and the Furious Host
Spinning Jenny (they started with these 2, quite a suprise!)
Just What Nobody Wanted
Another Fine Mess
Land of the Rising Slum
Think Back and Lie of England
The Disenchanted Forest
Anotherdrinkingsong
Penny Dreadfull
The Song of No-Involvement
The Parliament of Fools
Cry of the Land
The Wickedest Man In The World
Swords of A Thousand Men