Still - released today!

omfg I hate amazon! Im waiting since still's release for them to send it to me BUT NO! I was in several Mediastores and they didn't have it either, so what the hell is going on with this record company candlelight that it seems impossible for an average austrian to get a fucking record :rofl: Im so furious!! It seems Ill get the nem Agalloch sooner though it is released over a moth later :rofl:

I just received the cd in the mail from www.cduniverse.com yesterday, and though I have heard it for the last month, it's GREAT to have the real cd/packaging, lyrics, etc.
Such a great cd, a very nice follow up to Cold Light of Monday. There isn't one weak track on the cd in my opinion...favorites so far being House of Plague, Taste of Sand and ..And She Slowly Dies. Now to SOMEHOW get you guys over to the States so I/we can hear this stuff live! I know you mentioned wanting to play Progpower before, I'm just quite surprised if you haven't been asked to participate. I hope this changes very soon.

I actually spoke to Candlelight USA about it and they said that this year it was too late since the line-up has already been established but that they would try to get us over for next year. Of course it's totally up to the festival management but at least our label will try to get us there and that's a start.

As I said earlier, it doesn't hurt if as many of you get in touch with the management or post at the forum for PP USA and say you'd like to see us at the festival.

Let's see where all all this lead. No one would be more happy than me if Wolverine got to play in the USA.

Domine said:
I actually spoke to Candlelight USA about it and they said that this year it was too late since the line-up has already been established but that they would try to get us over for next year. Of course it's totally up to the festival management but at least our label will try to get us there and that's a start.

This is great to hear, and I seriously hope it brings you guys over here for next years festival. You guys really deserve it, and with the latest release/another solid album, 'maybe' that's just what Glenn was waiting for (I hope he's listened to you guys...)?
I will mention the band whenever I post over there.

I've been listening to Still for several months now, and I am still SO impressed with the quality. Everytime I listen to it I notice something in the music I hadn't noticed before. Stefan's voice is so crystal clear...just beautiful. So many great songs...Bleeding, Sleepy Town, Hiding, and This Cold Heart of Mine are my favorites.

It's a shame that so few people from the States know about Wolverine. It would be great to catch Wolverine here some day. Keep up the amazing work!!! Can't wait for the next chapter...

I'm glad the album still holds up to the competition out there. Now, almost a year after it's release I'm still really pleased with the album and I still hold it as my favorite album of the ones we've made so far, right after TWP.

The album has sold around 5000 copies and while that isn't much at all compared to the bigger bands in the genre I'm still really please with it since it's a step up from our previous album. I think they all sold around 3000-4000 copies if I'm correctly informed.

Now it's on to the next chapter. Since I've started studies it's kind of hard to find the time to sit down and write lyrics but hopefully soon I'll be able to. Can't wait to record together with Per on keyboards and if I know him right, he can't wait to record with the rest of us either. He, he...

We're hoping to be able to record at the end of this year. No promises though since a lot of things have to come in place before we're there.

Take care!

Hey guys, new fan here :D

Just so happened my girlfriend was flicking through some old CD's she got free with various magazines, and stumbled across one featuring 'House of Plague' from Still. We played it about a hundred times over and immediately went out and bought the album the next day. Now the CD is constantly playing - its a really fantastic album, I can't get enough of it! Ordered for The Window Purpose too, which I'm looking forward to hearing as well! Seriously wish you guys all the best for the future - you rock, and really deserve to go places! If only we'd heard of you earlier, we would have tried to catch you last time you were in the UK...hopefully you'll be over here again soon!

Best wishes,
Alun

Alun,

welcome to the board! It was cool to read about the way you discovered the band. We need all the support we can get so I'm really happy you liked "A house of plague" so much that you bought the album (and not downloaded it). It means a lot!

Hopefully we'll be back in the UK sooner than later. If so, don't be a stranger!

/Stefan

Thanks for the welcome, Stefan :)

No probs about buying the album hehe...I've never liked stealing ;) If I like a band this much I will always go out and buy the album, I wouldn't want to be so disrespectful to people that worked so hard to make the music I love listening to! Rest assured, if you come to the UK, I'll be there :D Amazon just let me know that my copy of the Window Purpose should be arriving on the 24th...can't wait!

Alun

For me,Still was one of the most successful albums released in 2006.Honestly,I first downloaded the album just for previewing,listened it for once then immediately ordered it from internet.Now,I'm happy with my original.I couldn't have a chance to listen to the previous releases,hope to listen to them as soon as possible.

I must thank you for the songs Nothing More and And She Slowly Dies,while all the album shines brightly,these two songs are beyond everything, they are like big suns that burn the hearts.