The Game Thread

Dark Souls is a game for people who like to go to online-forums and say that it is omgsuperhard.

Just booted up Red Faction: Armageddon. Been having it laying around in my steam library and haven't gotten around to play it. Tried it a bit just now but you continously get these fetch quests.

GO COLLECT THESE 3 WE NEED THEM

GO FIX THIS

GO DO THIS

I meanserislyniggawut

Dark Souls is a game for people who like to go to online-forums and say that it is omgsuperhard.

This. I tried it once and it just proved me how casual gaming audience is these days. It indeed is harded than your everyday Cowadoody but in the end it's not even that hard. Might try it again in the future but for now I'm not interested at all. Combat was kinda shitty but I liked the setting and atmosphere. Not still enough to make me use dozens of hours to play no-fun-allowed grindfest with stiffy controls. If I want a grindfest, I play Disgaea.

E3 2013?

Microsoft pretty much shot themselves in the foot. Having timed exclusives which will eventually come out on the PS4. TV TV TV.

EA delivered. Showed plenty of gameplay.

Ubi showed mostly cinematics. WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT CINEMATICS? SHOW US SOME GAMEPLAY DICKWADS!111!

Sony pretty much won the whole E3 by showing plenty of games, supporting used games and indie developers. Not to mention that $399 price. Both PS4 and Xbox One look like crap tho.

Nintendo showed some a new Pokemon game (cool I guess, since I own a 3DS), new Mario game which didn't surprise me enough. It didn't look better than Galaxy for sure. Mario Karting? Looks the same like the last one, didn't get me there. New SSBB - not bad. And pretty much the same with the new Donkey Kong game. We had one like some 1-2 years ago. The reason why I'm not excited about any of those games is because they don't even bother to make a new IP. They've been milking this shit for such a long time that now it's all the same to me.

Square Enix announced Kingdom Hearts 3 which made me pretty happy. Also FF15 looks slick, glad they renamed it after realizing what flop 13 is, so I guess they don't want anyone to associate it with that.

Cool, let's talk some games now. I personally cannot wait for MGS5, being the MGS fanboy that I am. I was expecting those fucks to finally show Zone of the Enders 3, but no, not this year as well... Destiny, my god I am uber fuckin excited for that game! The demo looked good, overall the world and the gameplay appeal so much to me. It's gonna be fun to play this with friends for sure. I want to conclude with The Witcher 3. Witcher 1 & 2 having a badass lore and gameplay, I think that cd projekt red will do even better this time around. I kinda wonder how the open world will work. I have the same thoughts about MGS5, because it will also have open world.

Well that wraps my E3 experience. I'm sure there's plenty to talk about, so share your E3 experience. Which games are you guys excited about? What are your thoughts about the press conferences? Let's get this shit going!

Microsoft pretty much shot themselves in the foot.

With a fucking Tsar Bomb no less.

Tom Calancy's Division looks incredible if it comes out nice, and I'm probably going to be getting a 3DS for smash bros, im deabting a Wii U, but Probably not.

IN any case I wont be buying any new consoles for at least a year, probably two since this generation lasted like 7-8 years... and I spent a gooood long time making fun of the PS3 release conference.

ITS RIDGE RACER!!!

RIIIIiiIIIiiIIIDDGE RAACCEEEERRRrrrrrr....

What ya'll buy in the summer sale so far?! I went overboard, definitely, and have been buying games I've played and liked that I never bought :p, as well as random "oh shit its $5 why not".

Cs:GO
L4D2
Darksiders2
Borderlands2
Mass Effect 1 and 2
XCOM
Chivalry
Sleeping Dogs
Duke Nukem 3D fuck yea
Hotline Miami
Magika
Batman Arkham games
Torchlight 2
Poker Night 2
Skyim all expansions.

Everything I wanted going in has come up as a flash/daily, as I doubt Deadpool is going ot go up.

If Natural Selection goes down, I'll get that, and Saints Row 3rd, as I missed the first time, and my friends are playing it and it looks badass.

edit: and falloutNV yee

What ya'll buy in the summer sale so far?!

-Skyrim: Legendary Edition (everything).
-Hotline Miami (was super cheap and heard it's pretty fun)
-Sonic 3 and Knuckles (nostalgia)

.. and Saints Row 3rd, as I missed the first time, and my friends are playing it and it looks badass.

It is incredibly fun to play. It's like a super fun, over the top, no fucks given GTA. It's amazing. Can't wait for the 4th installment!

What ya'll buy in the summer sale so far?! I went overboard, definitely, and have been buying games I've played and liked that I never bought :p, as well as random "oh shit its $5 why not".

Cs:GO
Mass Effect 1 and 2
Sleeping Dogs
Duke Nukem 3D fuck yea
Batman Arkham games
Skyim all expansions.

Saints Row 3rd

edit: and falloutNV yee

yes.jpg

why not ME3 though?

Also, let me know how Sleeping Dogs is, my friend really wanted me to play it, looked cool af but never got round to getting it.

-Skyrim: Legendary Edition (everything).

why would you do this if you already have Skyrim

Torchlight 2, the witcher 1 and 2, Darksiders 2, Tomb Raider Legend, Legacy of Kain pack, and Batman Arkham City GOTY. There's other stuff I want but I just bought my car over the weekend finally so that set me back quite a bit.

oh damn, make/model/year?

semi-related; I got my provisional license in the post the other day, I can actually have driving lessons now. Time flies

77 Camaro.

9Ha0k1j.jpg

yes.jpg

why not ME3 though?

Came with the PS3 I bought, same reason I didn't grab Dark Souls.
Though my friend, who sold me the PS3 is trying to convince me to buy a PC copy because of multiplayer :p.
If can sell the PS3 copy for the same price I will.

Also grabbed Max Payne Series, but many of the sales popping up now are repeats.

And I've spent way too much video games, and now my co-worker is trying to sell me Ps3 games that I've never heard of.

And I've been one dungeon away from last boss of Skyward Sword for about a month now. I did the thing where you fight every boss battle in a row with no heals and one shield, and just a bit more, then a power surge shut my Wii off without saving :(

I've been playing a lot of League Of Legends lately, it's actually kinda fun..

But god fucking damnit the community is utter shit, you get one half-fucked potato retard after another, EVERY GAME.

lmao.

Yeah, I don't have nearly enough patience for that game.

I'll stick to Guild Wars, at least the community kind of forces you to be a team player if you're going to get anything done well.

Welcome to League of Legends, where if someone fucks up, it's all your fault.

This. Community was the main reason why I never got too much into it.. One of my friends has played it since launch and he's always ranting about how the gaming experience is ruined by community. After few matches I uninstalled the game and later thought of playing DotA2 to see if the community is any better. Too bad I never got to play it because my precious laptop BSOD'd everytime I launched DotA2. Gotta love this piece of shit that's been serving me like five years.

DotA2 is alright, but I guess moba games just haven't really clicked with me. They're alright, but I really don't get what all of the hype is about.

DotA2 is alright, but I guess moba games just haven't really clicked with me. They're alright, but I really don't get what all of the hype is about.

With a friend or two (or four, the more the better) MOBA games are very fun. I've done some crazy shit and gotten some ludicrously hilarious kills and getaways playing LoL.

Thing is that.. Playing a game which is super team-dependent with random ass strangers (in this case 13 year olds who only care about kills) makes people lose their shit.

Most people I play with seem to over-extend WAY more than they should, then end up dying to an easily prevented gank, or even more retardedly, to the enemy turret. Then they proceed to blame me, because "I didn't help". Or they blame the jungler because he "didn't gank". I always want to shout out at them in chat saying "you retarded fuckmonkey, stop dropping the soap and getting yourself killed!!", but I don't, because it just adds to the toxicity.

In MOBA games, the saying "pick your fights carefully" is key.

I try to be blissfully ignorant when I can, and it usually works out.