The Gaming Thread

F.E.A.R is a great game, but I never got round to playing F.E.A.R 2, which I hear is much more bloody than the first one.

There are people that say the original FEAR is scarier than the second, and vise versa. Personally I go with the second, even though it has its completely stress free moments when youre in the mechs. The scares are just, much less predictable than the first. The third game looks to be interesting.

But yeah while the FEAR games are fun and all, Amnesia is on a whole different level of scary that has rarely been touched since the early silent hill games.

I refuse to jump into the 1.6 vs source debate, all I have to say is 1.6, back in the day when source was first released, was far superior in hit boxes, weapon functionality etc. There was alot that got screwed up in the jump to source which is why 1.6 remained the Cyber Athletic League game of choice. Now, from what i've heard and seen briefly in my recent flirtation with source, it has improved greatly, and 1.6 has suffered greatly from time deterioration. That said, CS was great for many years...but its not worth playing in my mind these days, therefore 1.6 remains the starry eyed victor in my hindsight.

PC System Requirements
Processor: 1.5Ghz - Low budget CPUs such as Celeron or Duron needs to be at about twice the CPU speed
Memory: 1 GB
Hard Drive: TBD
Graphics: Radeon 9600/GeForceFX - Integrated graphics and very low budget cards might not work.

Mac System Requirements
Minimum:

Processor: 2.0Ghz
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: Radeon 9600/GeForce 4 (GeForce4MX not supported)
Hard Drive: 2GB space free

Recommended: OS: Windows XP/Vista/7 / Linux / Mac Processor: 2.0Ghz, Memory: 2048MB, Disc Space: 3Gbytes, Video Card: Radeon X1000/GeForce 6

im doing just fine with 2,4 ghz dual core, 4gb memory, nvidia geforce gtx 460

Obviously I'd aim for at least 3g RAM instead of 1, but yeah. There has been some issues with intergrated and lower end ATI graphics cards, but aside from that...anything thats 'modern' should cut it.

May as well throw in user ids for steam and the like.

Steam : NoobCow
X-box Live : Disillumination
PSN :
Wii : Lawl...

Memememememememe :)
I play the bought version of Trackmania. Don't know if you know it? If not, you should (like everyone else) download the free version of it, pretty awesome game actually :)

Download link
http://www.trackmania.com/index.php?rub=downloads

I meant SIMS but this is fucking awesome too, we had a competition going at my uni with this game, we played after finishing classes at school, very cool but it's most fun in multiplayer with people around you in the same room :)

Well, I guess every multiplayer is more fun when played in the same room, then you get to pwn people in the room by standing up and screaming at them YOU SUCK.

I meant SIMS but this is fucking awesome too, we had a competition going at my uni with this game, we played after finishing classes at school, very cool but it's most fun in multiplayer with people around you in the same room :)

Haha awesome :) Better in multiplayer indeed! I don't care much about the same room though, as long as you know the people you play with it's all good :)

Well, I guess every multiplayer is more fun when played in the same room, then you get to pwn people in the room by standing up and screaming at them YOU SUCK.

Yeah that's one of the epic things with lanparties :lol:

^ This

Nothing beats the old arcade days for me though where we had like 8 people standing around a Marvel VS Capcom or Mortal Kombat machine, everyone yelling in the heat of 2d fighter kombat.

EDIT : Post jumped

^ This

Nothing beats the old arcade days for me though where we had like 8 people standing around a Marvel VS Capcom or Mortal Kombat machine, everyone yelling in the heat of 2d fighter kombat.

EDIT : Post jumped

haha I remember playing The King of Fighters 98 with my friends and some random strangers who eventually became friends :lol: Those were the times.

I'm actually pretty fucking forever alone in Serbia when it comes to gaming, no one I MEAN NO ONE plays consoles and even less people play Xbox, only my little brother and he pwns.

And we have a shit connection with the outer world, in COD I used to do knife kills and then suddenly die, the death cam didn't even show me stabbing the opponent, so I kinda gave up on Gold for now, and no my connection is pretty fast, 8mb per sexond.

They don't even sell Gears of War and Halo here, those are the games you will find the least at the stores lol. They got the new spider man but not Halo Reach :err:

I'm actually pretty fucking forever alone in Serbia when it comes to gaming, no one I MEAN NO ONE plays consoles and even less people play Xbox, only my little brother and he pwns.

And we have a shit connection with the outer world, in COD I used to do knife kills and then suddenly die, the death cam didn't even show me stabbing the opponent, so I kinda gave up on Gold for now, and no my connection is pretty fast, 8mb per sexond.

They don't even sell Gears of War and Halo here, those are the games you will find the least at the stores lol. They got the new spider man but not Halo Reach :err:

You need to get out of there, brah!

First time I was at a LAN was 1996, we had network on coaxialcable, none of this fancy TP-stuff, and everybody played Quakeworld, it was the shit. Still is.

Buttsecks? :D

k :oops:

What the that mean? :err:

does not equal :)

I can't choose top 5. Too many great games.

But some of them are:

Mega Man 2
Silent Hill 1 & 2 (3, 4 & 5 is ok. Hope they make the 6th better tho)
Resident Evil 2
Fallout 2 & 3
Quake 1 & 2
Splinter Cell (All of them. I love them. ^^)
Half-Life 1 & 2, Ep 1 & 2

You see.. So many great games!!!

how the fuck did i forget silent hill 2? *hits self*

Hahaha this thread is so serious :lol:

gaming is fucking serious, stfu :mad:

First time I was at a LAN was 1996, we had network on coaxialcable, none of this fancy TP-stuff, and everybody played Quakeworld, it was the shit. Still is.

you're old :) does that make you feel better?

i liked RE4, it was enjoyable :) not very scary though

mine would be:
1. Heroes of Might and Magic III
2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Half-Life
4. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
5. Neverwinter Nights

or something, hard to pick :D

good graphics =//= a good game

yeah RE4 wasnt too scary, but it was amazing, i may pick it up on wii cause it blew my mind on ps2 (unlocked everything, even the handcannon)

amen to graphics

and if you think HoMaM3 is bettter than OoT, i may have to chekc it out