The Gaming Thread

Nier's animations were so fucking great and the soundtrack is one of the best, ever.

I respect my android waifus and didnt get an achievment for peeking 10 times under her skirt and I learned that you can destroy her skirt long after I finished the game.

Reactions: arg
Anyone tried the Resident Evil 2 remake?

i did but never played the original (first one was 4). i thought it was great all the way through.

Lefty game developers are fucking disgusting and stupid

all the previous games were like this lol. once you learn to disseminate information you stop falling for stupid youtube outrage propaganda videos lol.

live in reality lol. its a business and theyre selling to the times. whether youre for it or outraged by it, it's free advertising and easy market research.

read, and think! without strong reading skills youre reliant on someone on the internet to tell you what your opinion is.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkGift and arg
Past dragon ages were awesome (except #2) fantasy games that happened to have gay sex in them, which is fine by me, funny even

However that video seems to imply they might go FULL SJW which will be very bad for the franchise

I just ignore those games, not giving them publicity by spinning dramas on the internet.

Can't remember last time I enjoyed western made AAA game. I really cant, no trolling here.
Playing japanese games and then seeing west outraged is much more fun.

One of the characters hit on by pair of gays?
THIS IS RIDICULING HOMOSEXUALS

Guy jokingly slaps his friends butt (there was even a context for it)?
GAME PROMOTES RAPE AND WOMAN DISCRIMINATION
Doesnt matter that the dude was smacked for that.

Yakuza game set in 80's Japan?
WHY IS THERE NO BLACK PEOPLE

Fucking love it,

Posting japanese version because this chicks voice makes me moist

Past dragon ages were awesome (except #2) fantasy games that happened to have gay sex in them, which is fine by me, funny even

However that video seems to imply they might go FULL SJW which will be very bad for the franchise

thats how they make money. they get views by manufacturing outrage based on speculation lmao. and why wouldnt a huge company within a huge market attempt to cash in on free advertising through controversy?

reality is what you make it, if you want to search for bullshit you'll find it lol.

if you get off the internet and socialize with real people, you'll find the world is less hysterical than the sensationalized stories that make headlines lol.

anyway lol, just thought id stop by and see what the gangs been up to. what games are you all playing?

i just bought a starter D&D set for my fiance and i to try with some friends. looks dope already.

been playing stardew valley too which is satisfying in a grindy way lol. coop is pretty cool too.

got kingdom come deliverance but dont like the controls, feels wooden and cheap despite the rest of the game being so polished

also playing bloodborne for the first time ever with a good friend. its good, like dark souls but more straight forward. its not better but also not too bad

Bought Into the Breach, people say its the best strategy game, well I dont think they ever played strategic games.

I will give it one more chance, but having 3 mechs and map 9x9 is very limited.

Slay the Spira was great though, roguelike cardgame and I wasted 30hours in a matter of week. Once I beat the game few times I started to see repetition and some flaws in the game so I quit for now.

Just playing Dota Auto Chess (& Dota Underlords) at the moment. Just a really solid custom game that's become huge in the last few months, and now everyone and their mother are racing to create their own version. Surprised Blizzard hasn't announced their own version of it yet tbh.

Other than that; waiting for Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

Update on Into the Breach

I think im done playing it. It's not a strategy game. It's a puzzle game. With such limited field and actions you can perform you can either play 100% how the designer planned or just perform really bad.

For someone who played some strategic games and turn based games it's a travesty. Got fooled by great reviews, oh well, just paid 7 bucks for it.

im replaying doom 1 and 2 and they still hold up as some of the best games ever. I played them when i was like 7 years old with my dad, and i basically forgot about them for decades lol. doom 1 is fantastic all the way through, doom 2 is insanity. its like "oh you played doom 1? well perfect we made 2 way harder"

I feel like all the advances over the years to first person shooters only highlight how ahead of their time they were. and of all things, someone set a new speedrun record THIS YEAR that finally broke a record set in 1998. doom 2 first level hanger completed in 8 seconds, previous record was 9, and yes there is only one decimal place lol

Since I've lost hope Underhell (HL2 mod) will be it's own standalone game or will have continuation in the bear future, I played it again after 6 years.

And while it obviously has it's flaws, since it was done by a single programmer, this is beyond any other recent horror games. There isnt anything close right now that could compete with it.

It's rare that I move slowly, check every corners, close the doors behind me, try to memorize the levels (there is no map in EQ, just on the wall sometimes) and conserve ammo.

Graphics are solid, since I just love HL2 engine and physics, it still looks good after 15 years. Music is great. Voice acting and dialogues are also good, considering theyre done by regular people and volunteers. Combat is solid, same for mechanics.

If you havent played it already and like horror, just do it. You dont have to own half life 2, just steam and download free SDK tools and the game will work.
And if you do play and in case you dislike the beginning, just power through. I liked the beginning (its tutorial of some kind, with much more action than horror), but one part was truly boring, but it didnt last long. The rest is just great.

ill add it to my wishlist and give it a shot :). sounds like fun. i feel like graphics are getting stale again. there needs to be a big jump like there was from ps1 to ps2

Classic games, and there's a reason for it for sure. I still to this day compare every FPS game to Doom and Half-Life, and they seldom come close to the same quality and ingenuity.

i should definitely replay half life. i know i wasnt as into half life 2 (i feel like i picked it up too late, after everyone had already copied them lol), but i loved half life one. it has so much going on and somehow does it all perfectly.

also my fiance and i bought stardew valley. we have a farm we play together (which is dope because we get so much done in the run of a day) and also our own solo farms. i realized im basically the unibomber in my personal town. i have 0 relationships with the local townsfolk, i dont have any animals. i mostly sell my produce (in bulk not to a person lol), i mostly spend my time alone farming or in the mines. i craft bombs (for mining) and collect weapons. the few times i attempted to engage the local people i failed miserably (due to being unfamilar with that aspect, but i can tell you what the most efficient farm crops are lol), i accidently hit on a guy and the girl i picked to woo told me my gift was "disgusting".

I still have Stardew Valley on my list (had for few years already) but 2 things stop me from doing that:

1. It just doesnt sound good on paper
but
2. It might just be what I want and might get addicted

i should definitely replay half life. i know i wasnt as into half life 2 (i feel like i picked it up too late, after everyone had already copied them lol), but i loved half life one. it has so much going on and somehow does it all perfectly.

You should probably try playing the Black Mesa mod for HL 2 then, a team's been recreating HL1, but with all the nice stuff and graphics from the second game:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/362890/Black_Mesa/

Haven't tried it myself, but it looks super awesome from what I've seen.

Oh, and HL 2 is an amazing game too, so give it another shot.

lmao speaking of games ive had on my steam list forever, black mesa ive been meaning to buy for like 5 years

stardew. i dunno its like harvest moon but with combat and waifus