THE OFFICIAL DREAM THEATER DISCUSSION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am better than Dream Theater and Agalloch put together, in every instrument multiplied by 10.
I am sorry, you all lose, and so does your crappy ( as in shitty, not good, sort of like how some people say that's ''sick'' but it is actually healthy, or when they say that something rips, and I say I'm going to rip your balls apart, etc. etc. I'm trying to keep confusion at a minimum, cause those bands really do suck) bands. Get a life now, go on.. shoo.. go on.. -waves hand to wards me and away from me slowly-, go on now.. shoo..

I got tired of hearing about Agalloch in a Dream Theater thread so I finally went to the site and streamed the songs they have up there and can say...

Sounds like the band needs some serious work. The drums were off the the guitar was pretty weak. Symphony X by far surpasses that band in every way.

Their Bio section stated them as an "ever changing" Black Metal-rooted band...sounded like a bad version of Porcupine Tree tbh.

Maybe they have A good song or two out there...and if so it might be better for them to put those songs on there. :puke:

How to kill yourself like a man.

Yeah yeah yeah...say kill myself all you want.

But the fact remains that the songs I heard which were on their main page, from the album you suggested and the title track, were shit.

Symphony X has, and will probably continue to blow them out of the water.

Don't like much Dream Theater, but what I do like is better also.

Excuse me while I go kill myself :Smug:

I can't fucken believe people are actually bashing agalloch. Fucking christ, use the progsnob's best weapon against them:

For everyone who says agalloch is shit, you simply don't have the mental capacity to appreciate or understand what they are doing here. It's simply brilliance. And no, i'm not joking. You are all fucking retarded.

Again, dead fucking serious.

Obviously we don't know what they are trying to do lol..otherwise we would love the music.

...and to say we are all fucking retarded for not liking a band you love so much is not having the mental capacity to let other people be open to music other than what you like other than S-X.

Sorry if everyone's opinion isn't what you want it to be, but opinions are opinions.

Hold on Kenneth!

To the previous individual:

Lmao @ even comparing a power/prog metal band to a folk metal band.

Some people don't seem to understand that some bands actually purposefully have a raw/unrehearsed kind of sound because it tends to give the music more of an "atmosphere" and it gives the listener a sense of realism. There are people who tend to look at the technical side of things (explaining why you say Symphony X "blows them out of the water") and then there are people who appreciate music for the atmosphere (which frankly is why I like Agalloch better than Symphony X. Yeah, I went there.). Relying on one of the aspects too much and not enough on the other for your entertainment, and especially checking out a website for streaming samples and possibly not listening to the entire tracks could easily give you the wrong impression.

Granted.

I will say as a musician, and appreciating technicality when it comes to music; it can be hard to like a piece of music or a band, such as Agalloch. I daren't say you shouldn't have your own opinion like you have, saying Agalloch is better than S-X...because it's the same as me having my own opinion. I will say honestly, it's hard for me to listen to some music and just like it for the entertainment aspect of it, because then you get into the whole "trendy" music BS...which is why people listen to rap if you think about it...because it's entertaining. So on that note I will say that it wasn't the entertainment aspect I didn't like.

However, I did get a chance to listen to two of the whole songs streamed on their site, so it wasn't just clips.

Simply put? It just wasn't my bag. Unlike some such as yourself and others here, who seem to like them a great deal.

So...long live our opinions and heres to killing ourselves. :oops:

Slowly killing ourselves :D

That kind of music is about atmosphere rather than... verse chorus? If that's one way to put it. As a musician I too appreciate technical skill but as an artist I appreciate the aura music can create. So I love what they do, and they are lyrically powerful (if you can understand them :lol:)

Granted.

I will say as a musician, and appreciating technicality when it comes to music; it can be hard to like a piece of music or a band, such as Agalloch. I daren't say you shouldn't have your own opinion like you have, saying Agalloch is better than S-X...because it's the same as me having my own opinion. I will say honestly, it's hard for me to listen to some music and just like it for the entertainment aspect of it, because then you get into the whole "trendy" music BS...which is why people listen to rap if you think about it...because it's entertaining. So on that note I will say that it wasn't the entertainment aspect I didn't like.

However, I did get a chance to listen to two of the whole songs streamed on their site, so it wasn't just clips.

Simply put? It just wasn't my bag. Unlike some such as yourself and others here, who seem to like them a great deal.

So...long live our opinions and heres to killing ourselves. :oops:
I was expecting some sort of smartass remark, invoking a pointless argument, but I can see you are above that. :cool:

Just checked out Agalloch too - good stuff. Im not sure how a decent comparison can be made between them and dream theater though - Dream Theaters appeal relies mainly on great melodies and virtuosity whilst still containing a certain heaviness (much like symphony x). From what Ive heard of Agalloch, they seem more focused on creating/expressing certain moods and ambience via their music …. To be honest I wouldn’t expect someone who loved agalloch to enjoy Dream Theater much at all...

Yeah yeah yeah...say kill myself all you want.

But the fact remains that the songs I heard which were on their main page, from the album you suggested and the title track, were shit.

Symphony X has, and will probably continue to blow them out of the water.

Don't like much Dream Theater, but what I do like is better also.

Excuse me while I go kill myself :Smug:

Obviously we don't know what they are trying to do lol..otherwise we would love the music.

...and to say we are all fucking retarded for not liking a band you love so much is not having the mental capacity to let other people be open to music other than what you like other than S-X.

Sorry if everyone's opinion isn't what you want it to be, but opinions are opinions.

Thank you brother for getting the point! Nah, you can't take me seriously... even when i say i'm serious :lol: But i love you now because... in all honesty, the progsnobs here use the argument i used more often than you'd believe. The fact that you call bullshit and realize it gains major kudos. Even though you still suck for not liking agalloch :lol: (just fuckin' around).

To be honest I wouldn’t expect someone who loved agalloch to enjoy Dream Theater much at all...

My friend is the biggest Dream Theater + Agalloch fanboy ever. I personally don't listen to Agalloch, but I wouldn't say it was better or worse than any other band.

@ Chloe.. youre mighty close to being disowned girl.. haha jokes, looove you :p

but yeah, reidie is the most of what i read that i agreed with (which frankly i read pretty much none of it..)

I checked out Agalloch too...they made fantastic background music (not a knock at the band......but nothing was going on that kept me really interested so i just let it play and went on about my business)

OMGZ ZACH STFU H8ER

Hey guys, I'm back again to say HOLY SHIT PMP WAS CORRECT and I was wrong. I am absolutely not better than DT or Agalloch and would never thing of saying such a thing. I suck way more at all instruments than they do by a factor of 2n. "n" of course being the number of birthdays I have had to date. I also love every band that has ever been mentioned on this forum

:rolleyes: Dude...chill....we get it

Status
Not open for further replies.