This forum deserves another Type O Negative thread.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Because they rule, even more than this forum (which rules quite a bit). I'm going to rank the albums now, just for shits and giggles. Join in the fun, impress your neighbors and grant yourself the pleasure of listening to the lamentation of the wimmenz.

I love all their albums equally, and can never choose a most and least favorite, or anything inbetween. They are all 9/10 albums, and I'm still waiting for their masterpiece, because they have always been right on the verge. Amazing band. <3

I dont know the last one Life is Killing Me had a few good tunes, but 9 out of 10? Personal preference and opinion of course. It is weird that all their albums have some excellent songs, and some boring ones, maybe they will finally put it all together someday.

Slow Deep and Hard, Bloody Kisses, and Life is Killing Me are inconsistent efforts, but the multiple perfect songs more than make up for the few boring ones. The first album has Unsuccessfully Coping With the Natural Beauty of Infidelity and Glass Walls of Limbo (Dance Mix), the rest of the album could be an hour of offkey farting noises and it would still be at least a 7/10.

October Rust and World Coming Down are just solid from start to finish. Not perfect, but pretty damn close. I could listen to Everything Dies, Pyretta Blaze, Love You to Death, and of course their best song Burnt Flowers Have Fallen all day every day.

The Origin of Feces is just flat out hysterical, and once again proves TON to be one of the funniest band on the planet. Plus the slow version of Sabbath's Paranoid is genius.

speed said:
I dont know the last one Life is Killing Me had a few good tunes, but 9 out of 10? Personal preference and opinion of course.
I didn't even fully address this album in my lengthy post to address your post, whoops. :loco: The last half of that album is just genius. I was actually disappointed with that one for a long time, but Drunk In Paris, IYDKMIGTHTKY (Gimme That), Nettie, and a few others are so amazing they make up for the slow first handful of songs. I was also disappointed with World Coming Down until I had listened to it 400 times though, probably a case of being too familiar with a band.

I rank them thusly:

1. October Rust
2. World Coming Down
3. Bloody Kisses
4. Slow, Deep, and Hard
5. The Origin of the Feces
6. Life is Killing Me

october rust = 11/10 AMAZING WOOTZERS WOOTZERS etc.

bloody kisses 10/10!

slow deep and hard is up there too

Life is Killing me is a fantastic album, I don't think it will attain that classic level I give to Bloody Kisses and October Rust, but it's a great return to form, especially after..

World Coming Down ..... which has some amazing songs, but overall i find it severely lacking. I don't think I've ever been able to place what my reason is for just not liking it, but its there, and I don't like it. The last bit of the album is when it really gets going, but by then its too late.

as for origin of the feces, sometimes that album is just great to listen to, and sometimes it just pisses me off, hahahah...... thats type o for ya :p

Chromatose said:
as for origin of the feces, sometimes that album is just great to listen to, and sometimes it just pisses me off, hahahah...... thats type o for ya :p
*you suck you suck you suck you suck*
"You paid 15 American dollars to get in. Who's the real asshole here?"

Cracks me up every time. :tickled:

It's that time of year, folks.

First, a ranking:

1. Bloody Kisses (alternate version without all the interludes, also including "Suspended In Dusk")
2. World Coming Down
3. Dead Again
4. October Rust
5. Life Is Killing Me
6. Origin of the Feces
7. Slow, Deep and Hard

Favorite track: right now it's gotta be their cover of "Paranoid." so, so, so, so perfect (and dare i say better than the original?):

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Bloody Kisses (alternate version without all the interludes, also including "Suspended In Dusk")
Huh, maybe I should check this one out. I always ignored it because I thought it was some record label bullshit. I dig Suspended In Dusk though.

I love all their albums except the last one. Total bummer of an album, even if Dead Again and All Hail And Farewell To Britain are fucking BRILLIANT.

These many years later, my favoUrite might be Life Is Killing Me. I'm totally serious. Well okay, maybe not, but I do put it up there with their best shit. Which is all the others besides Dead Again and Origin (which is just a buttload of fun of nothing else).

PS: You are nuts putting Slow, Deep, and Hard in last place. JACKHAMMER RAPE is all I'm saying. :loco:

Took some steriods and adrenaline
Finlandia vodka and hallucinagens
Mixed it with blood and orange juice
Liquid protein and ice cubes

Also, Glass Walls of Limbo reminds me of Castlevania, and that is awesome.

Life Is Killing is my favorite Type O album, it hit such a brilliant combination of themes at a poignant moment in my life.

Amending my list to say that Dead Again is one of my favorite releases of theirs and since it's come out I've listened to that one far more times than any of the others, except for this time of year when October Rust is pretty much going nonstop.

Also I'm hoping at some point they'll release a bunch of unreleased tracks/b-sides/whatever, I really want a good quality recording of Summer Girl to listen to.

Looking forward to the vinyl box set coming out on 11/24. It'll be nice to have some of the oop Type O stuff on vinyl for a reasonable price.