What do you guys think of DAMAGEPLAN?

I heard an MP3 of "Breathing New Life" and couldn't find any reason not to like it. The singer even sounded a little like Phil.

For those that said "Far Beyond Driven" was their last good album, what about the latest release, "Reinventing The Steel"? At least I thought it was a drastic improvement over the Southern Trendkill album. I like the latest CD a lot.

I've heard the entire album, and while it's not Pantera, it's not far from it. I'm glad the singer didn't bring his Judas Priest vocals with him, and Dime's pretty much doing the same old stuff. It's got a little bit more of a modern sound to it than Pantera, but not too far from it. It's a hell of a lot better than Superjoint. Phil's lost it completely.

By the way, Superjoint's rumored to be on Ozzfest next year. A couple weeks ago the same rumor was out about Damage Plan being on Ozzfest also. That could be interesting.

Steiner said:
For those that said "Far Beyond Driven" was their last good album, what about the latest release, "Reinventing The Steel"? At least I thought it was a drastic improvement over the Southern Trendkill album. I like the latest CD a lot.
What made Trendkill a lackluster performance was that the album was
rushed. Pantera toured a long time for FBD, and then, as memory serves
me, went into writing and recording mode without any time off. I thought
there were good things on Trendkill, but lacked direction.
& Phil was junked up on H. Pantera took time off before doing RTS.
Musically, RTS was tight and it was cool, but IMO, FBD owns RTS.

I'll use Pyrus' term here....'half-inspired'....I think that's what I'd call RTS.

DAMAGEPLAN Singer: Promo Tour Report

DAMAGEPLAN frontman Patrick Lachman (ex-HALFORD) has posted the following message to the official DAMAGEPLAN fan site [url]www.damageplan.net[/url]:

"GODDAMN! We did it… we made it back alive… The DAMAGEPLAN promo tour was a huge success! We thank everyone at Elektra Records that was involved for their time and effort with this. Your support is priceless. Also, very special thanks to our drivers, Walter and Rich, for tag-teaming the Damagebus wheel duty all over the country. It truly was a Blessed Hellride we just pulled off….

"Here are the stats from our latest adventure:

- The tour lasted 24 days!
- We went to 38 markets!
- We visited 46 stations!
- We traveled over 6000 miles!
- Over 40 cases of Jagermeister consumed!
- 'Save Me' has jumped from #38 to #29 at radio as I write this!

"So there we were driving this big black bus with a 20' DAMAGEPLAN logo on it turning heads across the nation and leaving a trail of destruction. The results of our trip have paid off with amazing airplay and incredible buzz coming back from radio. Our 'Rockline' appearance with Bob Coburn was especially cool (thanks Bob!). We did as many as seven interviews in one day, plus phone interviews in between! This translates to lack of sleep, long days with little time off, sub-zero weather, bad road conditions and going many miles out of the way to visit places added to the schedule last minute.

"It was all worth it to spread the word about DAMAGEPLAN, and the response from the most important people — our fans — has been nothing short of incredible. The people have spoken and the 'DAMAGEFANS' are born! Everywhere we went there were always people gathered in the radio station parking lots, or even following our bus around. We did tons of interviews with contest winners present in the studio. There were several in-store appearances along the way, and one had an estimated 2000 screaming fans lined up to meet the band! We were taking photos and signing everything from pictures to tits for 5 or 6 hours! You've provided us enough video footage for 2 home vids before the tour even started! Here's a big double shot of Jager to all of you who stood in line and braved the weather to support us on every stop along the way.

"A big 'HELL YEAH!' to all of you…."

From BlabberMouth.Net

I've liked the two Damageplan songs I've heard so far quite a bit, but I'll make my judgement after I hear the album in its entirity on February 10th. I know for a fact I DON'T like any of the Superjoint Ritual I've heard. It's too bad Pantera had to end this way but I am pretty sure Phil is at least 75% to blame. He is the one who blew off meetings with their management and basically made it impossible for Pantera continue.

I'm pretty sure ANYONE who had to be in a band with that guy would sympathize with Dime and Vinnie. I don't know any of them personally but I get the feeling that Phil is "difficult" and suffers from a big time case of L.ead S.ingers D.isease, not to mention the fact that he doesn't seem to know how to stay even halfway sober AT ALL anymore...

Either way though, I enjoyed Pantera (and Down) for the years that they were around and think Vinnie and Dime have a better thing going than Phil in that talentless (except for him, but unfortunately he wastes it there...) Superjoint band.

Good luck to Vinnie and Dime ( I do wish Rex stayed with them though..Crowbar???) and I hope Anselmo pulls his head out of his ass before he ends up on the ever increasing list of musicians who, to quote Black Sabbath "Die Young"...

PHILIP ANSELMO: VINNIE And DIME Can't Shut Up About How Much I Fucked Them Over - Feb. 3, 2004

Former PANTERA frontman Philip Anselmo spoke to MetalAlliance.org last Friday (Jan. 30) about the recent bad-mouthing in the press between the various ex-members of the band and his future plans with his current main project, SUPERJOINT RITUAL. Asked how people are reacting to the breakup of PANTERA, Philip said, "Not well at all. I mean, yeah, some people have taken SUPERJOINT to heart, and stuff like that, but it seems like the other guys in PANTERA are just on this warpath fucking with me and they just can't shut up about how much I fucked them over and this and that. Look, man, being in a band is like a marriage you know — if a band breaks up, it's everybody's fucking fault, you know. They can't see their own faults, because they're too busy looking at mine, you know. Of course, I'm not faultless, but neither are they. You've got to understand — it comes from all four of us, you know, and it's time to grow up man and knock off all this shit-talking to other people, you know — just talking shit, because in all honesty, me and PANTERA we worked together for fucking 17 years, practically, and for it to end with bitterness and hatred is just silly. I'm not going to buy into it, you know, but just to let the fans know, I did not abandon my cause, and my cause is to create extreme fucking music and support heavy metal music the best way I know how, and with SUPERJOINT RITUAL, I'm just continuing on in my own way with extreme music and I'm just taking one step at a time and you know open your mind and your hearts and just fucking take it in its fucking bad ass! And it's not supposed to sound like PANTERA. PANTERA is PANTERA." Read the rest of the interview here.

^ I find that hilarious how Phil's crying now that the Abbot's are talking shit about him. He trashed those guys for 6 MONTHS before they said anything..... what a puss.

They should show up at one of his gigs and see what he has to say then. I bet super hard guy metalhead would run for the hills.

Off-topic:
Didn't Anselmo talk shit about Testament a while back? I think he said they were stagnent.

I think this album will kick ass. I am going to get it, and make my own opinion.

I know Dirt's gonna love this stuff!

:tickled: I HAVEN'T HEARD IT ALL YET..SO I WILL WAIT TO SAY ANYTHING.
AND I AM 95% SURE SJR WILL BE AT OZZFEST..DON;T ASK ME HOW I KNOW..BUT I AM THAT SURE.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: