What is METAL for you?

The Hammer

Thrasher
Jul 13, 2002
Italy
members.xoom.virgilio.it
Hail!:kickass:
write here with your own words or not what METAL MUSIC means for you.

"Metal is my food,my water,my drug...I can't live without the strenght it gives to me everytime I listen to a metal album or I watch a metal concert.It helps me to fight the bad moments of my life. No one can stop metal. Don't stop to spread it around the universe"....

thanks for your replies...best regards and metal hails from me.

The Hammer:headbang:

Something I can listen to no matter what mood I am in. And it has helped me dig my way out of a few holes.

And as cookiecutter said, it has given me friends, interests and improved my life.

Metal is the means by which I can cope with life. I use it to escape reality and as a companion with which to tackle reality head-on. Metal is the bond I share with countless friends in the real world and over the web. Metal is what gives me indentity, pride and integrity.

It's just my favorite type of music...nothing more nothing less.

I wouldn't say it has improved my life. I sure have a lot of cds and less money though, is that an improvement? :p

Metal to me is an autonomous genre (not a subgenre of rock like some belief) that often champions the empowerment of the individual and kicks the shit out of everything else on the heaviness scale. It's also the most impressive genre.

It's the last bastion of being fucking ace, getting ratted, and partying just because that's what you live for.

zephyrus said:
Metal is the means by which I can cope with life. I use it to escape reality and as a companion with which to tackle reality head-on. Metal is the bond I share with countless friends in the real world and over the web. Metal is what gives me indentity, pride and integrity.

nice.

metal is my chosen subculture. and i need it.

Aside from Classical and Orchestra, I believe Metal is the only genre of music that requires talent or dexterity to perform. It is powerful, influential, and moving.

Hail Metal.

I definitely agree with this, and I'd apply it to all music that I listen to.

Aside from Classical and Orchestra, I believe Metal is the only genre of music that requires talent or dexterity to perform. It is powerful, influential, and moving.

Hail Metal.

No. A lot of metal bands dont put talent into song writing. If feel that metal is the only genre to perform those tasks then you really have not listened to a lot of music.

I really dont think metal means that much to me. Metal is my first love but I never really started enjoying music a lot until I found out about all the other genres of western music.