What is METAL for you?

this is simple. metal is the music i can identify with the most

My favorite metal bands take elements I enjoy in other forms of music (aggression, power, virtuosity, atmosphere) and amp them up. It's not the only kind of music I like, but it comprises most of my listening diet.

Metal is a way of life...it's all about doing what you think is right...listening to metal liberates you from all the petty bullshit that you have to slog through every day. Without metal most people on this forum probably would have killed someone by now.

It's just my favorite type of music...nothing more nothing less.

I wouldn't say it has improved my life. I sure have a lot of cds and less money though, is that an improvement? :p

Yes, yes it is. Money is the root of all evil, CDs are crunchy.

Aside from Classical and Orchestra, I believe Metal is the only genre of music that requires talent or dexterity to perform.

Not even remotely true...Stevie Ray Vaughan? Chuck Berry? Eric Clapton? Do you actually know the difference between your ass and your elbow?

but it does take the MOST talent and dexterity to preform.

Again, not true...stuff like Nile, Dragonforce, etc is really fucking hard to play, true...but how about Judas Priest or Motorhead? Power chords and pentatonic scales...great stuff, but any moron can play it. (Painkiller and on, Priest is more difficult to play. Motorhead has some crazy fast stuff, but it's really simple riffs, and playing simple stuff fast is really easy)

Metal is a funny genre with many crazy ideas rarely found elsewhere, and it tends to be slightly above average in terms of modern music.

Metal is the means by which I can cope with life. I use it to escape reality and as a companion with which to tackle reality head-on. Metal is the bond I share with countless friends in the real world and over the web. Metal is what gives me indentity, pride and integrity.
God DAMN you suck. Everything wrong with metal in one paragraph. :lol:

Metal helps me justify sitting in the corner of my pitch black room every night with my headphones on constantly repeating "Fuck them all, kill them all, let them burn, let them burn."

(j/k, ref: Kataklysm)

Helps me escape the fucked up work world we have...
Share an infinite bond with friends...
Endless musical discussions...
Start friendships based on some dude's Novembers Doom shirt:kickass:
Throwing on Augury in my garage at 2 in the morning after going through 3 kegs of beer and pissing off all my neighbors...

Priceless

Helps me escape the fucked up work world we have...
Share an infinite bond with friends...
Endless musical discussions...
Start friendships based on some dude's Novembers Doom shirt:kickass:
Throwing on Augury in my garage at 2 in the morning after going through 3 kegs of beer and pissing off all my neighbors...

Priceless

FOr everything else in life, there's mastercard.

Gay thread but metal for me is this:

8411photodh5.jpg

(Katharsis pic if you didn't know)

True Metal is a kick in the teeth to everyone who isn't Metal. It is a fuck big you to the mainstream and to all the trendfollowers out there. It's an expression of the hatred we have for the norm and a symbol of the alternative that has suffered for decades due to the limited pig headedness of the masses.

Or, alternatively, it's just an awesome genre that I enjoy listened to and playing.

And note I said True Metal. It's a bit of a vague term, but I'm sure most of us understand it.

True Metal is a kick in the teeth to everyone who isn't Metal. It is a fuck big you to the mainstream and to all the trendfollowers out there. It's an expression of the hatred we have for the norm and a symbol of the alternative that has suffered for decades due to the limited pig headedness of the masses.

Or, alternatively, it's just an awesome genre that I enjoy listened to and playing.

And note I said True Metal. It's a bit of a vague term, but I'm sure most of us understand it.

Manowar

Apparently its about a guy holding a inverted cross.

Could we change this to what music means to us. I am hopeful that more then four us have more that 10 cds that are not metal. Music itself has changed my life so much.

I have a total of 0 non-metal cd's, and a total of 5 (old rock) non-metal LPs.

It's just my favorite type of music...nothing more nothing less.

I wouldn't say it has improved my life. I sure have a lot of cds and less money though, is that an improvement? :p

Huha...same to me,after ordering a T-shirt and a hoodie and five cds,I nearly break the bank.But I enjoy the those stuff so much,though I have to skip my dinner for saving money.