What is METAL for you?

Or nights blood.

1594.jpg

Or Blood on My Hands
Morbid_Angel-Convenant.jpg

Huha...same to me,after ordering a T-shirt and a hoodie and five cds,I nearly break the bank.But I enjoy the those stuff so much,though I have to skip my dinner for saving money.

ugh...by a lot of cds I meant around 500...not 5. :p

But it's all relative to the money we make...maybe 5 cds impacts you like 500 for me. :lol: I guess that's the difference between working full time for a couple years with a good job and being 16 (just guessing your age...).

Apparently its about a guy holding a inverted cross.

Could we change this to what music means to us. I am hopeful that more then four us have more that 10 cds that are not metal. Music itself has changed my life so much.

I don't think that's a fair shot at metal fans.

In my experience, metal fans are the MOST diverse music listeners I've ever heard of! That is, at least if all of us here are being honest about the vast plethora of jazz, country, blues, rock, etc. etc. you guys talk about in the threads for "what else you listen to" and "non-metal leanings."

If for no other reason at all, then metal fans still listen to more music than an awful lot of people who listen to a wide variety of music. Why can I say this with 100% certainty? Because A LOT of people say "I listen to any kind of music... except for that screaming death metal stuff." People also say that about country and rap, so potentially country and rap fans are as diverse as us, but we still have quite a leg up over the people who think they listen to a lot of different music but can't stomach Dimmu.

I don't think there's anything wrong with us singling out the meaning of metal in our lives, and I sure as heck don't think you guys listen to anything less than an admirable and amazing variety of music. As a total newb, I have about 40 metal CDs and about 1,500 non-metal CDs.

I wasn't meaning to attack you, Alter, the diversity was just something I had noticed about this community and I have been waiting for an excuse to talk about it.

ugh...by a lot of cds I meant around 500...not 5. :p

But it's all relative to the money we make...maybe 5 cds impacts you like 500 for me. :lol: I guess that's the difference between working full time for a couple years with a good job and being 16 (just guessing your age...).
So... you usually order 500 cds in one go? Quite a job you must have.

I wish it was me playing my guitar more often.
But metal is to me..Cranking up my stereo at night sometimes
Sleeping late,good fucking..good food,good drink and then Cranking up my stereo again in my car drowning out all the shit those fucking fags around me listen to

I don't think that's a fair shot at metal fans.

In my experience, metal fans are the MOST diverse music listeners I've ever heard of! That is, at least if all of us here are being honest about the vast plethora of jazz, country, blues, rock, etc. etc. you guys talk about in the threads for "what else you listen to" and "non-metal leanings."

If for no other reason at all, then metal fans still listen to more music than an awful lot of people who listen to a wide variety of music. Why can I say this with 100% certainty? Because A LOT of people say "I listen to any kind of music... except for that screaming death metal stuff." People also say that about country and rap, so potentially country and rap fans are as diverse as us, but we still have quite a leg up over the people who think they listen to a lot of different music but can't stomach Dimmu.

I don't think there's anything wrong with us singling out the meaning of metal in our lives, and I sure as heck don't think you guys listen to anything less than an admirable and amazing variety of music. As a total newb, I have about 40 metal CDs and about 1,500 non-metal CDs.

I wasn't meaning to attack you, Alter, the diversity was just something I had noticed about this community and I have been waiting for an excuse to talk about it.

Most indie rock fans have a higher amount of diversity than metal fans because indie is much more diverse than metal.

Most indie rock fans have a higher amount of diversity than metal fans because indie is much more diverse than metal.

That's absurd. Firstly, listening to one genre doesn't make you diverse, no matter how "diverse" that one genre is. Secondly, what do you have to say about the argument that I actually made, about metal fans being appreciative of a style that is harder to get into, and of how amazing expansive a lot of the people on here seem to be in their music taste?

And personally I don't see how indie is even nearly as diverse as metal. I love the stuff, but... from Neutral Milk Hotel to The Shins to Sufjan Stevens, you've covered more ground than going from Metallica to Opeth to Pig Destroyer? I can't believe that. Metal has more subgenres. I'll need some examples of indie's diversity to stomach that claim.