What is your biggest concert disappointment?

nick1158

New Metal Member
May 6, 2003
Ok so if you read my previous post, you know what went on with the rochester situation. This brings up an interesting question. Throughout your heavy metal past, what situations/concerts made you go home disappointed? here are my top 3.

1. anthrax leaving the maximum rock tour only one week before their show in rochester

2. making the trip to toronto to see anthrax and priest, only to have anthrax not be able to go because of contract problems

3. standing in line for 4 hours in the rain to get floor tickets for sabbath and pantera at HSBC arena, only to have the show cancelled because ozzy got strep throat or something. he must have been yelling at jack too much. they promised to make up the cancelled dates, and it never happened.

what about you???????????

by the way....i think the new album is really good. every time i see an Escalade I get Cadillac Rock Box in my head.

Hmm...Korn cancelling off Lollapalooza...that was when I really liked them, just before Life Is Peachy came out, or right after, and Tool was there, which was cool. But the other bands sucked and Korn woulda made the show.

BeastieBoys at Lowlands, stopping songs every 2 minutes because the crowd went nuts and they didn't want the girls to get hurt!!
Also seen a lot of crap bands as support , like Bonham, Galactic Cowboys, Warrior Soul, Wolfsbane, After All just to name a few!!

Lollapalooza '96, the one with Metallica. Ramones got taken off after 10 minutes due to a dust storm, Devo came on for an hour, Chris Cornell called us assholes (among other things) for booing Devo, mosh pit broke out next to me, would have been slammed eye-first into a post but the guy behind me grabbed my arm and yanked, spraining my wrist, same pit kept lighting fires, security came and shot everyone within 30 feet with a fire extinguisher, couldn't breathe for 4 days afterward, Metallica was good but it was hardly worth it after that.

Megadeth's New Year's Eve concert was cancelled for no apparent reason, they promised to postpone, never did, a month later, Marty was gone.

The worst (signed) support band I've seen was Weapon of Choice opening for RHCP in April 1996.

I haven't been to any really bad concerts, so my biggest disappointment would probably be not going to see Pearl Jam when they played here last month. Everything I've heard says I missed an awsome show. :(

in 1997 i saw Megadeth in Philly----even though they played all their "hits" i was bored to tears! (musta been high)---this was also the first show Life of Agony played with Witfeild Crane on vocals......Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :erk:

Steve M said:
and oh yeah... no lone justice.

:tickled:

I hear ya mang, Lone Justice would be a excellent choice to a Thrax setlist.

My worst concert experience must have been my actually first concert! My first concert was Bullet Boys/Cinderella/Winger! :OMG:

Yuck!

Oh well, I guess that's why it was my first one.

Cheerz!

AugDawg

1986 "Spreading the Disease" Tour. Anthrax is playing some dive named Brassy's in Cocoa Beach Florida. I am fucking pumped to see one of my favorite bands live. I get to the show and its a fucking 21 years and up show. I am only 17. Fucking pissed 17 year old. Got to meet Scott (wearing and Agnostic Front shirt) and Charlie and because they liked the "Spreading the Disease" sweatshirt I had on which I ordered from their fan club, they conveniently allowed me to sneak in the back and watch the show. I got to actually see Charlie play "A.I.R." live and until then, could not believe it was possible. From tragedy to triumph.........

The worst was Anthrax leaving Maximum Rock a fuckass couple of days before they were going to perform alone at the House of Blues in Orlando. None of my money was going to have to go to Motley Crap........I was again pumped.........and once again pissed! No happy ending to this one though.

Got kicked out of a Type O show for smoking pot!!! Only, I wasn't smoking pot, the whole f'ing group around me was!! I had a lighter in my pocket and apparently that was "proof" Also, the crowd was only about 40 people, so it would have been AWESOME. This was easter 1995.

Other bad shows: Some of my hip-hop shows have sucked. ICP and Bloodhound were both fake and weak. I was also disapointed by the Stones.

The all time worst was the cancellation of the Rage/Beasties tour. That was gay.

Max Rawk was a bummer too, I was looking forward to seeing Anthrax and Deth in the summer under the stars drinking brew, but it wasn't meant to be.

1. Jumping off stage at Harpo's, at a Thrax concert and fucking up my ankle.
2. Police busted up the Mosh pit at the Phoenix Ampitheatre, again with Anthrax...they sprayed mace like a muthafucker, got everyone all screwed up, made the band stop too.