What is your biggest concert disappointment?

My worst concert ever was just after Megadeth brought out Youthanisia. I went to see em at the Glasgow Barrowlands with COC, Corrosion blew my OTHER boyhood hero's off the stage. Rust in Peace indeed....................................................................................

DitchDigger77 said:
in 1997 i saw Megadeth in Philly----even though they played all their "hits" i was bored to tears! (musta been high)---this was also the first show Life of Agony played with Witfeild Crane on vocals......Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :erk:

I was at that show !!! I liked Whit in LOA but he wasn't half the singer that Keith was I guess. That wasn't meant to be. Megadeth was boring as hell, I agree. That's a band that should have called it quits a long time ago. I remember after the show, my rich friend paid off a bouncer at this bar next door called 8th street lounge to get me in. I was only 19 at the time, and the guys in LOA showed up. I got hammered off of 4 long islands, I don't know what I was thinking. yuck. Last night I drank 5 mind erasers. yuck again, it was the power of the puss that led me to drink those. I met a real hottie. She bought em.

The worst concert experience was new years when it turned 99 or was it 98? in Phoenix AZ. Slayers sound was all fucked up, you couldn't barely hear tom sing/scream. everybody was looking at each other "like what the fuck?" "why don't they stop and fix it?" It was really really bad. Megadeth sounded like shit too and Ozzy never did a countown for when it turned midnight. He just kept playing and everyone again was like "what the fuck". The highlight of that night was when Scott Ian came out of nowhere and played dimebags guitar. Anthrax weren't on the bill. It was just Ian. That's the second time that Ian has showed up out of nowhere at a show that I was at and Anthrax wasn't on the bill. The first was in 94 in Miami. He came out during Metallica's encore and jammed with them. That was a great show. I was in town for vacation it just so happened that metallica was in town. I paid 5 bucks from a scalper.

my worst concert was marilyn manson, it was terrible
vomit-smiley-027.gif

-Going backstage to meet Iron Maiden, but not getting to meet Bruce because some asshole left the room and was wandering in the hall outside of Maiden's dressing room....in turn pissing off Bruce and ruining our chance to meet him. I did get to meet Dave, Steve, Janick, and Adrian.

-Having to sit through the shitty bands that Slayer takes out with them.

-The hot chick that puked on me at the SOD show in Seattle a few years ago.

The weather at UK Ozzfest 2002, fuck me was it cold! And ystem of a Down had to shorten their set because the wind was blowing stage apart and bits were falling off.

I enoyed Hawkwind at that gig though.

Darth Coitus said:
My first concert was the Isley Brothers. I was five. I fell asleep.

Oh, I thought we were talking about ones we actually wanted to go to and were disappointed in. In that case, my worst concert was The Highwaymen that my dad dragged me to when I was 8 or 9. It was at Madison Square Garden. He took me because my mom had to work. I think they couldn't find a babysitter or something. I never knew there were so many rednecks in the tri-state area. And it reeked of pot, and my dad kept telling me he didn't know what that smell was. :D And it was too loud to fall asleep (I tried...A LOT).

On a more serious note, last year I left work later than I should have and missed In Flames opening for Slayer. I would have taken them over Soulfly. I didn't seriously think 5 PM doors meant In Flames played at 5 PM or a few minutes after. I know I wasn't the only person to miss them. Slayer was still Slayer, however, so I got my $$$ worth. Ty was at the show, not that I need a witness to prove Slayer was good live.

jdelpi said:
On a more serious note, last year I left work later than I should have and missed In Flames opening for Slayer. I would have taken them over Soulfly. I didn't seriously think 5 PM doors meant In Flames played at 5 PM or a few minutes after. I know I wasn't the only person to miss them. Slayer was still Slayer, however, so I got my $$$ worth. Ty was at the show, not that I need a witness to prove Slayer was good live.

That was originally supposed to be an outdoor show, hence the early start time for the last Slayer show. I thought it was the greatest thing ever - when you have a job and a commute, early showtimes are GREAT.

Yeah I missed In Flames also, I was sitting on my ass at BW-3s a block away thinking the same thing, I did see Soulfly and they ruled as did Slayer. But I got to see In Flames open for mudvyne (is that how they spell it?) then after in flames I left.

My worst concert was seeing Limp Bipshit at a festival ( I would never go to see them but we had some time between the bands we wanted to see) so we went and laughed at the pathetic piece of shit they´d call concert... we wanted to be amused at least but it was so boring we wen´t to get drunk instead of watching a fat guy in his thirties jump around in a red cap.

my biggest disappointment was M.O.D. cancelling their show at a festival i went to. But there were some other nice bands at that festival: Judas Priest, Motorhead, Soulfly, Sick Of It All, Biohazard, Cradle Of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Holy Moses and many more

Biggest disapointment was not going to see Life of Agony at Peabody's Down Under at the start of one of their last tours with Keith. Worst disapointment in concert was Slayer at Ozzfest in Pittsburgh in 99. I mean, it was SLAYER! And slayer is pretty much GOD, but it just seemed like TOm was forgetting the words. I swear at one point he was singing lyrics to south of heaven during Raining Blood for a few seconds. One of the other let downs I can think of is when Michale Graves and Chud left the Misfits in 2000 and Jerry and Doyle played a set with Goat from Murphy's Law. I gotta give the Bro's credit for trying but it was horrible with Jerry on Vox.

Yeah, Jerry on vox sucks.I'll still go see 'em like that but man since Danzig is never gonna come back at least try to work it out with Graves and Chud. I love that line up and both the albums they released that way.