What made you happy today?

Saw Def Leppard, Whitesnake and Black Star Riders at Sheffield Arena last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Vivien Campbell from Def Leppard also joined Black Star Riders for a song (The Rocker I think) and joined Whitesnake on Still of the Night. All as well as playing Def Leppard's full set of course!

I also spotted Nick Workman, the vocalist from Vega at the side of the stage before Def Leppard came on. Think he might've been a special guest or something. He cites Joe Elliott as an inspiration in the Stereo Messiah album booklet.

Buzzing after a great rehearsal weekend with the guys in Derby. That's the fourth gathering we've had now since we have re-activated the band and it's really going great guns :)

13055541_10154667473795616_2816506518500204913_n.jpg

Reactions: Kingface
Had the day off from work and coincidentally discovered a great youtube channel and so I have been watching the videos from said channel all day, while I clean the house and dink some beers. It's been a pretty great, yet simple day.

T-minus 12 hours til I'm shaking hands with Luca Turilli, Alessandro Conti, Ralf Scheepers and everyone else in Rhapsody and Primal Fear. Glorious day!!

Holy jasdhfskjdhfk WHAT A SHOW!! Blabbed enough about it on social media but let me just say I never in my dreams thought I'd meet Luca Turilli. As an American who's listened to 'em for well over half my life now, that seriously meant the world to me. And he was just beaming with happiness from the time I met him before the show all the way to the very end, and he was really energetic on stage. So down to earth, and talking to him about his music, he is so passionate. I find the LTR posts about 'cosmic spacetime quantum matrices' and all that way over the top, but when you actually talk to him? It makes sense, because you know he's 100% pouring blood sweat and tears into everything he writes.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to meet Bruce Dickinson and Dave Mustaine and all those other heavy metal giants, but for me, they would pale compared to Luca and what it meant to me. Still high off last night's energy!!

One of my first power metal bands was Rhapsody and as a guitarist I latched on to Luca and everything he's done. I can't TELL you, as a fan of him for 12/13 years now, how HAPPY I am you got to experience that :D

He's definitely a bundle of energy no matter what the size of the stage is and smiley and welcoming all while being completely terrifying on guitar :headbang:

I saw the other Rhapsody back in 2012. Both bands have authentic Rhapsody members so it's really cool to essentially have them doing some of the same songs. Both played Knightrider of Doom and Unholy Warcry, but even without Fabio on vocals Alessandro took up the mantle PERFECTLY and watching Luca play those (as well as PRIDE OF THE TYRANT!!) was jaw-dropping. Forgot how fast those damn guitars are!

And Dominique seems to be back in tip top shape after that awful handsaw accident! Such nice fellows :D

Generally in a happy mood after an amazing Download festival seeing, among others - maiden, sabbath, saxon, amon amarth, megadeth, grand magus, babymetal just so I could cringe, rammstein, nightwish, disturbed and skindred both of whom surprised me with how enjoyable they were.

Also hugely stoked for seeing King Diamond tonight :headbang:

Reactions: CiG
Easily one the best this year Steve! A man of his age with all his voice has been through completely nailing the full range of his prowess...remarkable. Same with the guitarwork, bang on, note for note. And as you'd expect this chap can put on one hell of a stage show. Coffins, demon babies, staircases, chandeliers, brides being burned, priests,hooded monks, wine, daggers, blood, fire - real spectacle!

The weather has definitely toned down (where I'm at, anyway) - hopefully it stays nice and cool for a couple of days before summer returns with a vengeance :)

WMMH: learned some new riffs on guitar, I am very very slowly getting better. One of the rooms in my apartment is completely barren so I am thinking about setting up my keyboards there. The reverb is enticing!

Saw the band I Am I in Doncaster this Friday night just gone. Really good set and they played new songs from their upcoming EP which were varied and all sounded great! Got to speak and catch up a little with Gav and Rich after the show which was cool, been too long!

Would have loved to have gone to the short notice free gig they did in Derby last night but with trains not running anyway near late enough I just couldn't justify the cost it would take.

Wacken was probably the best musical experience of my life. That's a life ambition crossed off :headbang:

Highlights: Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Steel Panther, Eluveitie, DragonForce, Axel Rudi Pell, Orden Ogan,Therion, Symphony X, Kai Hansen & Friends, Unisonic, Saxon, Whitesnake, Twisted Sister, Tarja, Arch Enemy, Metal Church, Clutch, Dio Disciples, Elvenking

Also got to meet and have autographs and pictures with Blind Guardian, Symphony X (Michael Romeo gave me a plectrum!) and DragonForce :kickass:

Reactions: Kingface
Had a drive in the new Alfa Romeo Guilia 180bhp today, whatta car !!! Now convince the misses :p
I love italian cars, my first one was a Fiat Marea that i bought from my dad secondhand, then i bought a new Alfa Romeo 147, then together with my wife a new Lancia Delta (and this year again after the heavy crash but then secondhand)
Alfa-romeo-giulia-grigio-lipari.1.jpg

Reactions: Aish!