What made you sad today?

2 things made me sad today. Along with the Charlie Hebdo massacre, all the other terrorism that's been going on (and all the other terrorism that just isn't covered or widely known about). There are some real pieces of shit in the human race and it's a shame we live in such a violent, scary world. I hope one day we manage to fix these problems before we flush our whole damn civilization down the drain. Something has to give - this shit's awful.

The second thing, and much more trivial, is that I miss the forumers here! Having started posting so many years ago I've had a lot of discussions with some great people here and I've managed to stay in contact with quite a few through Facebook but some seem to have vanished (Cronopio, where are you, bro?!). I know PQ's in the past now and obviously activity is going to be slooooow, but it still makes me a little sad.

Yeah.....I hear you 1928....I know it's hard to expect to many people to frequent the forum with the band being inactive right now but it is cool that folk still drop by periodically.

I'll be around a lot more again this year that's for sure :)

Found out today that my work has placed a massive amount of jobs at risk of redundancy including my own. 45 day consultation period for it. There's still a chance that I'll have a job at the company by the end of it but the uncertainty and the possibility of not so positive outcomes for both me and others is obviously a strong downer.

Trying to see it as an opportunity though as it does put me in a potentially good position to get a better and/or more local job.

What sort of temperatures are we talking about with you mate? I struggle when it gets to 25C never mind more than that

Yikes - over here in Illinois we've been dealing with 85-90F, something like 30C for you. Add in humidity and it's like walking through water some days. Summer is miserable here and winter is usually worse!

Urrghh....sounds horrendous dude :-(

Talking of which, my work want to send me to Chennai, India......temp has been up to 40-42C in recent times, I imagine even in the cooler moments there it will still be too much for me lol!

Ouch... I think scientists need to get to work on implanting self-air-conditioning chips into the backs of our necks. At least, it would solve one problem :lol:

WMMS: My new job was going well for a couple months. But ever since my boss's friend started working there, I had to take a week off, and now I'm back... cleaning out a warehouse in the heat and doing yard work. Was doing great at the job and now I'm not even doing what I took the job for in the first place. Not only sad, but angry.

Satoru Iwata, CEO of Nintendo, has died. A hugely important figure in Video Games and highly revered. Nintendo are a massive part of why I'm into Video Games as passionately as I am and have been for over 20 years. This has got me right in the feels. :(

^

Agreed. He was effectively my boss at one point. He is responsible in part for spreading joy to millions and influenced the course of computer gaming. He leaves behind a proud legacy and by all accounts was a good and decent man. 55 is no age :(

Very saddened by Iwata's death. I didn't know it at the time but he was president during one of my favorite generations of Nintendo games - the GameCube - and since I was a little child Nintendo has been one of the biggest factors in shaping who I am, they're still such a big part of my life. Iwata was incredibly humble and a great guy all around. Way too young - had no idea he was in that poor health, I thought maybe he just had the flu.

It would be nice if Miyamoto took over the head of Nintendo after all he has done for the company and the gaming industry as a whole. I have no idea how much business experience he has in that regard, but he is pretty much the face of Nintendo, and even people who don't play video games or follow Nintendo know who he is.

The fact that I'm still doing 10-12 hour days at work at the moment.......basically needing the weekends to recover before doing it all again. This cannot continue without something cracking somewhere along the line :-(