Young Metalheads

whata57

Aug 2, 2007
I went to Black Crusade Brixton on the 25th November...(for those of you that don't know, thats:-

Machine Head
Trivium
Dragonforce
Arch Enemy
Shadows Fall)

Which was an awesome gig by the way.
I went with 7 mates, all of us 14 or 15 and all the way through the night, we had to put up with hails of abuse from seemingly half of the crowd for our age! I'm not by any means complaining about the majority of the crowd because i had some great conversations with some of the more hardcore metalheads but i found the abuse out of order considering i bet not one of them didn't go to gigs at my age. With all of the fucking chavs around in my generation, and fewer and fewer of us metal types, i expected compliments more than i expected to be told to 'go to bed' and 'get raped you 12 year old cunt'. You've got to start gigs somewhere and i felt better after one particularly tough looking guy sneered at me telling me that this gig must have been my first to which i told him that i went to Unholy Alliance in Manchester last year and to shove that up his hairy ass. Anyway, people my age, are you receiving the same sort of abuse around the world? And people in the older generations, do you have a problem with us going to gigs?

\m/
Anyone here going to Children of Bodom at the Astoria next march?

While I don't really commend you for going to see those bands, as I think they suck, I do commend your bravery in going and if you did in fact talk back to that one guy, that's pretty cool.

There is a lot of disdain towards the younger generation for their emo ways, but if you're 14 or 15 and going to metal shows (as in, not a "hardcore" show or a "scenecore" show") then you are at least owed enough respect to not be ridiculed.

My advice is keep doing what you're doing and ignore the assholes that try to ruin your fun.

I went to Black Crusade Brixton on the 25th November...(for those of you that don't know, thats:-

Machine Head
Trivium
Dragonforce
Arch Enemy
Shadows Fall)

Which was an awesome gig by the way.
I went with 7 mates, all of us 14 or 15 and all the way through the night, we had to put up with hails of abuse from seemingly half of the crowd for our age! I'm not by any means complaining about the majority of the crowd because i had some great conversations with some of the more hardcore metalheads but i found the abuse out of order considering i bet not one of them didn't go to gigs at my age. With all of the fucking chavs around in my generation, and fewer and fewer of us metal types, i expected compliments more than i expected to be told to 'go to bed' and 'get raped you 12 year old cunt'. You've got to start gigs somewhere and i felt better after one particularly tough looking guy sneered at me telling me that this gig must have been my first to which i told him that i went to Unholy Alliance in Manchester last year and to shove that up his hairy ass. Anyway, people my age, are you receiving the same sort of abuse around the world? And people in the older generations, do you have a problem with us going to gigs?

m/
Anyone here going to Children of Bodom at the Astoria next march?

i've never seen that happen at gigs... perhaps you need to go see better bands... maybe that will help :p

I agree, go see better bands.

Then again, even the death metal shows I've been too have death metal scenesters, so expect shit anyway (guilt by association/age).

yeah man it happens. Just stick with it. There are alot of asshole metalheads,such as elitists etc, but they dont matter.Those are always the metalheads i hate or cannot get along with.

The problem is that younger metalheads listen to terrible bands like Machine Head, Trivium, Dragonforce, Arch Enemy and Shadows Fall.

Seriously though, don't worry about it. Whoever is making fun of you for being a certain age is an idiot.

Don't worry guys, those bands aren't exactly the kind of stuff i listen to the whole time, prefer black metal! Just thought it may be a bit of fun seeing as my mates were going. To be fair, my mates did look a bit like emos, i was wearing a lamb of god t-shirt that i got from the heaven and hell gig, and one of them was wearing a red hot chili peppers shirt! Thanks for the advise though. May see some of you at a gig in the future!

Don't worry guys, those bands aren't exactly the kind of stuff i listen to the whole time, prefer black metal! Just thought it may be a bit of fun seeing as my mates were going. To be fair, my mates did look a bit like emos, i was wearing a lamb of god t-shirt that i got from the heaven and hell gig, and one of them was wearing a red hot chili peppers shirt! Thanks for the advise though. May see some of you at a gig in the future!

yeah, not to sound shallow or superficial. but your clothes probably did it. even a LoG shirt will piss off the 1337, just because theyre popular. you gotta find some grim kvlt underground bm shirts or somthin. theyll youll get all sorts of compliments
~gR~

Probably the most underground bm shirt i have is amon amarth but i suppose even that is better that an LoG one. Gotta love LoG though, especially now he's grown his hair.

While I don't really commend you for going to see those bands, as I think they suck, I do commend your bravery in going and if you did in fact talk back to that one guy, that's pretty cool.

that's not cool, it's just stupid. best way to get your head smacked in = back-chatting a thug.

you will tend to find that crowds at more "underground" concerts are better / friendlier. you get more dickheads at the bigger concerts, which is fine for me, because generally id have no interest in attending anyway.

i find the problem with kids is they tend to be annoying fucktards who start those hardcore bash cirlces. but when i say kids in that context they are usually 16 - 19 (rather than 14 or whatever).

anyway, my advice, go to the concerts (for less shitty bands) and enjoy it however you wish, provided it doesnt stop anyone else enjoying the concert.

I've seen kids in the mosh pits who couldn't be more than 10 years old. You're never too young to acquire the spirit of metal.

Well, I'm 16 and I only went to my first gig on september (Megadeth's tour of duty, was a present from my sister), went with my nephew and his friend (who were 15) and my nephews dad. We didn't exactly get alot of grief, as I was in the mosh pit for a good 30 minutes or so (hard to tell there lol) but there were a few older guys that hassled us. Just ignore em, they aren't worth it.

I'm 12 and my first metal gig was with Suffocation headlining. I didnt get any shit at all and people ended up just giving me beer and stuff. I had a pretty killer time:kickass: